Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cant decide what to get

Old 06-14-2008, 07:03 AM
TommyGun24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide what to get

Iv done a bit of research but without driving them I still dont really know. Maybe if I can get a consencus on something.

I just bought 6 acres of land gotta get an MT. Big paddocks, some gravel, ect.

I like the Revo, Savage, Savage XL, and LST2.

LST2 sexy. And it sounds like its got the best engine. But im worried because I heard the chassis is a bit weak and also parts are more expensive than the other trucks. Which isnt a problem if it rarely breaks.

Best truck ? Reliable engine and durability is important to me. Anyone know if the LST2 has a reliable transmission ?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:26 AM
HerrSavage

Default RE: Cant decide what to get

I would recommend the LST2.. The Savage XL and Monster GT 8.0 may also be worth a look - they're more big and burly, the LST2 better handling and more agile..(and my bet would be on the LST2 winning in speed, too...)

IMO the LST2 with a New Era roll-bar, Dynamite engine brace, and RC Raven springs is as good a basher as you could hope for. And NO engine is easier to live with than a Mach in my experience(except maybe an Axial Spec 1S... But the Mach is better..) Later you could really beef up the LST2 with some RPM arms with Lunsford titanium links..

Depends what you want to do on this land of yours.. If more big jumps, then one of the MT's..., if more big open blasting around, then maybe an HPI Baja??...
Old 06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
bjhe333

This question has been asked many many times and most of the answeres you will get will be biased based on whatever truck someone has. That said I have only owned traxxas team associated and Losi. The tmaxx was good but the losi is a huge upgrade. I recently purchased my second losi truck. oops third. I have an LST1 Aftershck and mini-t. I also have an rc10gt stadium truck but whoever I bought it from didn't take care of it and jimmy rigged everything that broke. It is still in pieces but when it ran, once or twice it was fun. I base all of my buying decisions on parts availability. I have a friend who bought an x factor two and it is a shelf queen. an ugly one at that. We are in northern MI so not many hobby shops. He is constantly waiting for back ordered parts. I suggest that you stick to a name brand such as hpi team associated Losi Traxxas I may have missed some but you get the idea. Find out what your local hobby shop carries all the time. Also the type of vehicle depends on what type of running you will do. race or bash. In general no matter what you buy you will have to do some basic things to make sure they provide hours of fun. Locktite all metal to metal screws. Check the forums and type in required upgrades. Take the aftershock for example. Most people will say to upgrade the clutch and 2 speed assembly. Those are already upgraded on the LST2. My LST1 is bone stock except for a screw kit and BUKU Pipe( Which is friggin sweeeeeet) but even stock it is a good truck. Check on rfegular maintenance as well. On my t-maxx my clutch lasted until the truck died. On the losi which is a big block and in general a stronger heavier truck I blew the clutch bearings after a gallon. I did not know this would happen but now I do. Do some reading and good luck. PS I would never go back to Traxxas. They are great vehicles I just like the losi better.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:02 AM
irockdude

Ya like the above guy said...go with what your hobbyshop has...my first nitro was a duratrax nitro evader st...and they NEVER had parts for it and i alwas had to but parts on order. then when i wanted another car they almost begged me to get another brand that they carry..which is eveything but duratrax i bet...so anyway i got an aftershock and they finally respect me cuz i think it pissed em off having to put stuff on order...but now when i go to the shop they just grab the part i need cuz its a losi. I'd recimend the LST2. i would have bought one of those if i had the cash. good luck with chosing a MT. [8D]
Old 06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
IL2mSturmovik

LST2 ftw
Old 06-15-2008, 01:47 AM
TommyGun24

Yeh sweet looking good for the LST2 very good indeed. Im going to go with it.

My lhs dosnt stock a great deal of anything at all but I dont mind ordering online. He has all the disposable items such as clutch shoes and springs, glow plugs ect so that'l do.

Alright thanks.

Patrick yeh man I thought about the Baja but theres just too much money involved not just in outlay but doing it up can go on forever. Plus due to the weight I doubt it will hold up long over jumps unless its hopped up.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:10 AM
DS

i got a question if one of yo ucould help. Im either deciding to go with the mgt 4.60 se, t-maxx 3.3(new version), and the losi mega baja, which would be the best for bashing and why. Im kind of aiming twards the mgt 4.60se is that the best choice
Old 06-15-2008, 09:23 AM
nitromonkee

I would pick the mgt over the t-maxx any day.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 AM
DS

ok cool, im definatly going to get the mgt 4.6se. How good is the truck and how fast does it go?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Elite_Tux487

Same here. The mgt bigger and tougher. It's got the big block power of the .28 vs the little .20 (3.3).
Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: nitromonkee

I would pick the mgt over the t-maxx any day.
X2
Old 06-15-2008, 11:33 AM
DS

x2??? Which is better the mgt 4.6se or losi mega baja