Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

The new Kyosho MFR

Old 09-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Clymer122693

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Kyosho MFR

Anyone else notice neither truck has a engine mount?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:08 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Didn't really care to look. Not surprising since it IS a Kyosho
Old 09-01-2008, 02:09 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

no one likes Kyosho??
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 AM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: srt10

no one likes Kyosho??

I have one paid for already. I'll be sure to put up a review. I loved my last kyosho (Madforce kit).
Old 09-01-2008, 10:20 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

no one likes Kyosho??

I have one paid for already. I'll be sure to put up a review. I loved my last kyosho (Madforce kit).

Nice, let us know..
Old 09-01-2008, 12:39 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read the review on this truck in rc caraction. It reviewed somewhere in the middle based on what i read. Its a very good running truck, makes most power up high, will do around 40mph. Is built pretty rugged but lacks the low end omph. Not a real great truck for on the track, due to its lack of roll up power/just peg the throttle and jump, on like big singles and double jumps. It floats over rather then digs through deep rough terraign.

I think it sounded pretty good Just add a big block 21, do a little suspension tuning, better servos and your good to go race wise.

But it would make a newbie very happy from the sounds of it.

I repeat the information is based upon what I read and may not be purely accurate based upon my intrepetations
Old 09-01-2008, 01:36 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: silverman1

I just read the review on this truck in rc caraction. It reviewed somewhere in the middle based on what i read. Its a very good running truck, makes most power up high, will do around 40mph. Is built pretty rugged but lacks the low end omph. Not a real great truck for on the track, due to its lack of roll up power/just peg the throttle and jump, on like big singles and double jumps. It floats over rather then digs through deep rough terraign.

I think it sounded pretty good Just add a big block 21, do a little suspension tuning, better servos and your good to go race wise.

But it would make a newbie very happy from the sounds of it.

I repeat the information is based upon what I read and may not be purely accurate based upon my intrepetations

I've read the same mag.. not sure what to think of (Not a real great truck for on the track, due to its lack of roll up power/just peg the throttle and jump, on like big singles and double jumps. It floats over rather then digs through deep rough terraign.) Not sure what that means to me? I've been in this hobby for a long time so I'm not a newbie, but I do like the looks of this truck. I've owned the Muggy, Aftershock, T-Maxx, 1/8th buggy, etc. Thought of going electric (E-Revo). Got money and not sure what I want to spend it on??
Old 09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
A.B.U

no one likes Kyosho??

I love kyosho. I have an SP2 WC tbh, BUT I don't like their RTRs, lol.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Chiefy707

I like Kyosho, having a championship heritage that rivals AE's and Losi you just have to respect them as well. I've had a handful of Kyosho's over the years and if there's one thing you can really bag on them about it's support. Pretty much any Japanese manufacturer (except HPI) seem to have no parts suppport. Sure you can probably jump online and get yourself a new set of A-arms but it's quite rare to head on over to your LHS and get what you need.

I'm in the market for a new nitro MT and I'm liking the MFR. I could care less if something with the truck "looks" flimsy. It's one thing to look at something and assume it's crap. It's another to actually run it and KNOW it's crap. And even if it does turn out to be crap there's something called the aftermarket, which is what makes this hobby great. If you really do like keeping your cars the way they are and don't like tinkering with them, I heard Toys R Us has a sale on the latest Nikko's.

Anyways Thermal, I'm looking forward to reading what you find. If this truck ends up costing less than $400 then it's definitely near the top of my list. I'm not going to race and just want a plaything for when the guys go out to the middle of nowhere with their R/C trucks.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The other side of that is...that AE and Losi's RTR's are FAR closer to their race-bred kits than the K-car RTR's vs their race kits.

I can pull parts from my AD2 and use them on my NT2 RTR, and vice versa (not many are the same, but most will interchange), and ditto for my old RC10GT (which is still going strong and getting hammered like a rented Jeep)

You can pull almost any part from a Losi 8ight kit and use them on the RTR, and vice versa. No, it won't be the same part, but they'll be close enough to work in a pinch.

You cannot do the same with a Kyosho, and that is why I don't like Kyoshos.

I'm SO glad I finally figured out why I don't like Kyoshos

That being said...any new RC release makes me pee my pants with glee, and I can never wait to be proven wrong about any car I dislike. I seriously love nothing more than to be proven wrong when I think negatively about something...it gives me hope for mankind
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: silverman1

due to its lack of roll up power/just peg the throttle and jump, on like big singles and double jumps.

Why add a big block? Not only will you be greatly changing the weight you'll be effecting the handling by sticking a huge engine out back.

It would make sense to put a more powerful .18-.21 OS Revo engine in it, to maintain its handling and weight bias. Plus you won't need more power than the OS .21TM for a light truck like this, heck even the .18TM is likely a much stronger engine.

Not many RTR's feature great engines...the problem will be getting engine mount plates to work since this Kyosho GX enginer will have those built in.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
madman2k

I have a Kyosho Stadium Force. I have changed the engine to an OS .18. It was my first RTR. I can say that the thing has been beaten up more than a few times. I have even hit the cement slab that the mailbox sits on outside of my building, causing the front left a-arm to snap in half. Other than that and the actual body being demolished I can say that it can take the abuse. I want to see if the MFR is as durable if not more. If it is under $400 I will be picking up two before Christmas. One for me and one for my son.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one likes Kyosho??
Not really.[8D]
Old 09-22-2008, 10:43 AM
srt10

Is this truck out yet??
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
ThermalRD

Nope... Still waiting on mine. Im told the distributors have the parts, but not the truck yet.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
ThermalRD

They are available now. I have mine here right now. Just went to the LHS to deliver a rush body, and got a surprise when i arrived. No time to tear it open right now, but i will when i get back. Gotta get my daughter from school.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
ThermalRD

Pics...

A quick shot of the hub, that slides over the hub, to creat a new hub. lol. 14mm to 19mm. YESSSS!!!!!! Another hub size i NEEEEED to stock wheels and tires for! LOL

But thats ok, i planned ahead, and purchased these really cool Kyosho Inferno Sports ST wheels ahead of time.

If all goes well, i'll have it on the track next weekend. First impressions! Super soft suspension, VERY SMOOTH. Extremely light! Looks like a strong LST influence on the chassis. Fuel tank is too small, and the wheel hubs are a stoooopid size. LOL. Cant wait to drive it!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
srt10

Let us know how she Runs!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM
ThermalRD

I definitely will. I'll try to break it in this weekend. Depends on how fast i get thru the paint work i have here.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I am really curious to see how those a-arms are going to hold up. Other than that, one sweet looking ride. What did it set you back?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
KRO

Hmmm , looks like an LST and a TMAXX got together and had a kid !

I have always thought Kyoshos fit and finish was top notch , but nobody stocks parts for them around here ....
Old 09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
srt10

What was the price of that ride??
Old 09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Clymer122693

Thermal can you take some pics of it compared to your PE Revo?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM
schlags62

What was the price of that ride??
I jsut saw one on ebay for 369 or best offer!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, i can get some comparison pics for ya. I just put tank 1 thru it. Starts easy, idles really well. Suspension soaks up every bump.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.