Letsskydive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 8 port against a t-maxx

Who whould win? Does anyone have vids
Old 05-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Ducklake

It depends on if the t-maxx has a .21 in it, if so it'd be close.
If the T is stock then the Savage would kill it.

Hey, i see your from Jackson, i live by Albion
Do you have any good places to run over there?
Old 05-11-2003, 02:00 AM
grampi

I would think the Savage would have the edge, provided it's geared properly. How about a more fair comparison of the Savage with the 8 port against a Maxx with a Sirio or a Fantom FR18?
Old 05-11-2003, 03:02 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Stock gearing on both trucks?????
Old 05-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a video on Maxxtraxx a while back that had a 8port Savage vs. a stock tmaxx at the track. The Savage literally killed the Maxx. I'll see if I can find it, hopefully its still hosted somewhere.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:52 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I think a more fair comparison would be to compare the two trucks with SIMILAR AMOUNTS OF FUNDS INVESTED.

This is what I tried to do in one of my threads, but again it ended up being a tmaxx vs savage firefight.

Here it is: http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...+on+your+tmaxx

ramm
Old 05-11-2003, 10:17 PM
grampi

Originally posted by Avalanche
There was a video on Maxxtraxx a while back that had a 8port Savage vs. a stock tmaxx at the track. The Savage literally killed the Maxx. I'll see if I can find it, hopefully its still hosted somewhere.
I also believe that would be the results. However, if the Maxx had a Sirio .18, it would walk all over the Savage.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Rex2342

Either truck can be faster than the other if money is no object.We should do what Buggies said and see witch one is faster with a limited amount of money like a pico.26 savage and a sirio .18 or a .21 t-maxx
Old 05-12-2003, 12:44 AM
nitroman88

hey rex how fast does your savage go with the hyper .21 8 port? If I find a roller savage I was considering this engine.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Avalanche

Originally posted by grampi
I also believe that would be the results. However, if the Maxx had a Sirio .18, it would walk all over the Savage.
While I think it would be a little closer than "walk all over" thats not important......Does anyone have any video of a fairly "original" maxx with the new Siro engine? I'd like to see it in action, maybe dust the maxx off and drop one in.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:55 AM
grampi

Remember when talking about both vehicles being stock to start with, we're looking at a big difference in top speed and acceleration. Stock, the Maxx does 44-45, while the Savage does 31-32. Pretty big difference. Question is, just by dropping the Picco .26 in the Savage, will that be enough to make up for the 12-13 mph deficit, PLUS whatever speed the Maxx is going to gain by throwing in a Sirio? Sounds like a pretty tall order for the Savage. Now if we're talking about other mods as well, anything's possible. If we're talking about just changing engines, I don't think the Savage fairs very well in that comparison.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:01 AM
nitroman88

well does anyone know How fast a savage would do with a .21 hyper 8 port and some 40 series???????? Im really just looking for 40 mph. whatever Mt I get, it doesnt need to be able to go 50 mph, i have my touring car for that.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:34 AM
Rex2342

Originally posted by nitroman88
hey rex how fast does your savage go with the hyper .21 8 port? If I find a roller savage I was considering this engine.

I've never had it clocked but it moves allot faster than it did with the 21bb.I'm also using the Big Joe 40's and it still moves pretty good but I did notice a little decrease in acceleration but with the Road rage 40's it really hauls off the line.I think it' doing at least 40-45 if not faster.

Someone should write one of these editors from a popular Mag. and ask them if they can do some type of a "Budget Buildup" on the T-Maxx and Savage and see who comes out on top.They could do the same tests as they did before(speed,handling,jumping...ect.) on a budget of like 250$$ or something and setup the suspension and change the servo's and engines drivetrain,and gearing and then see what happens.The T-Maxx might be at a slight dis-advantage with the chassis not being set up for a .21 but if the Sirio engine is as powerfull as everyone says then it should be interesting to see the results.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:44 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Default picco

There were some post awile back that some people has the hyper 8 port with 16T bell. They were hitting between 45-50 clocked on a radar gun. I have the picco .26. with 16T bell, and I am telling you that it flat out gets it. there is such a huge diff. between stock eng. and the picco it's not even funny. I know the picco can carry a 18T bell, and maybe even a 19T. I can pop wheelies in grass going 15-20 mph. So I know it can carry the few extra teeth. I would be willing to be that a 18T on the picco would hit 55mph if not more towards 60. I am not going to try it, as I don't even know what I am getting now, nor do I care. It fast enough that when it gets close to top speed, the tires are so distorted, it starts to make it loose control. I have had to reglue my tires several times as it has seperated them. I am sure if they were roadrages or something like that, it would make a huge diff. I would est. my speed around 50mph and I am still running quite rich.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:02 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default Re: picco

Originally posted by noahb
There were some post awile back that some people has the hyper 8 port with 16T bell. They were hitting between 45-50 clocked on a radar gun. I have the picco .26. with 16T bell, and I am telling you that it flat out gets it. there is such a huge diff. between stock eng. and the picco it's not even funny. I know the picco can carry a 18T bell, and maybe even a 19T. I can pop wheelies in grass going 15-20 mph. So I know it can carry the few extra teeth. I would be willing to be that a 18T on the picco would hit 55mph if not more towards 60. I am not going to try it, as I don't even know what I am getting now, nor do I care. It fast enough that when it gets close to top speed, the tires are so distorted, it starts to make it loose control. I have had to reglue my tires several times as it has seperated them. I am sure if they were roadrages or something like that, it would make a huge diff. I would est. my speed around 50mph and I am still running quite rich.
I want to see this, a savage going 45-50+ I was thinking of sticking that .26 in my maxx, but havent fully thought it through!! My .247 has no problems hanging with the buggies running that engine, just kinda currious on how it would do with the .26. Anyways get some video of your truck running them speeds I want to see some!!
Old 05-12-2003, 12:57 PM
grampi

I doubt the Savage is capable of those kinds of speeds with any engine (50+ mph). I can see it doing 40-45, but beyond that it's going to take a lot more power than the Picco .26 is capable of, that is if you're still looking to get any acceleration at all from the Savage.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Unstable

all these people throwing out numbers is fine, but if you are like me you hardly ever run that far in a stright line unless you are lining up for a jump.

I want to know how they do against each other on a tight track and a open track. drag racing is boring unless you throw some old 1/10 road cars in the middle of the track
Old 05-12-2003, 03:01 PM
grampi

The Maxx thrives on a track. It's smaller size and lighter weight should give it an easy advantage on a track.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:51 PM
nitroman88

what engine would I need to put in the savage to get wheelies and 40-45 mph?? Also need to know what gearing.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:25 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Well, speaking from experience, my Savage coupled with 16 T clutch bell and a Hyper 8 port was crazy fast. I now have a picco .26 and must say it is also crazy fast, but not quite as fast as the 8 port. I am still running a little rich too.

However, whomever posted above that the picco .26 will wheelie the Savage even when already moving was 100 % correct. Matter of fact, it wheelies so much I had to glue on the tires to my wheelie bar (check my gallery button below).

I also run stiffer springs, so I actually adjusted the wheelie bar lower than in pictures.

The 8 port with 16T would also wheelie, but only from complete stop.

I must point out that I have completely stripped two brake hubs now. Going faster takes more to stop.

I am now currently looking for better brake set up.

BTW, if anybody cares, I would recommend the picco .26 over the stocker or the 8 port.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:27 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Default grampi

grampi, I doubt you would now about the savage. Do you own one...if not don't commit on what you CLEARLY do not know about. If you have one, then shove the picco .26 in it and then you will know. I am not making up crap about the savage. The savage is one of the tuffiest trucks if not the tuffiest out there. It has a great track record for as long as it has been out. Sure, it has it's problems, but so does all the trucks. I can tell you one thing, I have beat a twin engine Titan both off the line and top end. So take it for what you will. If you don't believe me, I suggest you come to Carlsbad, NM and we will race. Then I will let you buy me dinner afterwards...win/loose who cares. I am not into racing, but bashing. I can pop wheelies in grass (high traction) going 15-20 mph on a reg basis. Can yours do that...if so great. If not, thats cool too...not everybody likes the same thing. I don't sit here and bash other trucks that I have no idea about...just the ones I do...There is a diff. between exp. and just plan BS.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:23 PM
mpsrawsome

Default savage/Tmaxx vs. Dominator

How would the savage or Tmaxx fair against a Dominator on a track. I have heard that the Dom. is awesome on the track is this true? I am thinking of changing my Monster Pirate over to a Dom. Just wondering
Old 05-19-2003, 12:03 AM
hitler75

Stock for stock, the Dom kicks ass That is if you're interested in speed.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:36 AM
grampi

The Maxx has a higher top speed than the Dom, but on a track, the Dom would probably kick butt because it's basically a truggy, and would outhandle MT's.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:58 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Ok let me get this straight.

I agree with noahb in..

TRUCKS ARE FOR BASHING!

If you want to race in an oval or a dirt track get a BUGGY!

MTs do what no other vehicles can do, and that is tackling different terrains. Sure you can drag MTs.. thats cool but theyre not meant for racing so when considering a MT, speed would be one of the last factors in my mind. Of cousrse, if it cant do 35, Its off my list. But I'm not gonna choose one over the other based on top speed. Which is one reason I'm not gonna jump on a Tmaxx. I would rather look at 1) Torque (not HP) 2) Suspension 3) Balance 4) Hop ups

ram

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.