RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone own the XTM Monster MT

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 AM
BEARBYSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own the XTM Monster MT

Hello,
I am in the market for a big MT and I like the XTM Monster MT, I have been searchin on hear and have not found any forums to discuss it. If anybody has one, or has input about them, please post. I do not want to buy without some feedback. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 AM
guy4x4

Default RE: Anyone own the XTM Monster MT

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7168777/tm.htm
Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM
BEARBYSR

Thanks for the quik reply, will check it out.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
twomanytoys

The XTm Monster MT is supposed to be the fastest out of the box MT out. I have seen one and they are fast. As far as i know they are tough as heck also. Not sure about parts support but they do look like an awsome truck. Rclynx knows alot about them. he sells them and loves it.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:15 AM
IloveMYxt2

Go through that thread and you will read about the weak points. I had one but sold it due to the nature of it not holding up to the extreme bashing I like to do

In my 4 months with the MMT, I had only broken one lower front A-Arm, but went through shock towers quite a bit, body posts and the front CVD shafts. The front CVD shafts can be fixed by purchasing some Losi LST2 front CVD shafts. They fit and wont break. My advice is if you get one and like to bash with it, get a center differential and ditch the 2 speed. The truck is too heavy and puts a lot of strain on the front/rear diffs causing them to go out (after 3 months or so, both my front/rear went out on me). The truck is a blast and literally goes over everything (even your buddies Savage). If your not into hardcore bashing then its a perfect truck. My buddy and I raced and I would take him (he had a Savage X 4.6).

You wont be disappointed and its a head turner. Its huge and its handles awesome.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
BEARBYSR

Thanks for all the input guys, it's going to be a tough choice. I have read the reviews on the MMT in the magizines and it sounds like a real beast. I am choosing between the MMT, MGT 8.0, CEN GST 7.7 or the Nemisis. They all seem to be good trucks but just not sure which way to go. I will check out the thread and get some more info on the XTM. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 PM
rclynx

I have quite a few customers with the MMT and the reviews are mixed, You can do a lot with the MMT just like any of the big MT's, but the big MT's have a draw back...............a big draw back...........there BIG what it all comes down to is how good a driver when you get into the big MT's.................bad landings on a big jump can break any one of the MT's you mentioned, most of them have tires straight from hell.......MMT being the worst. Just don't expect to much of any of the BIG MT's..............the old MT's averaged about 8 to 10 lbs..............loaded up with fuel and batteries the MMT tips in at 14lbs and is one of the biggest MT's out there if not the biggest. all you guys with your 20 lb trucks STFU and get a life please. Good luck with your new MT there all good trucks
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 PM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Go through that thread and you will read about the weak points. I had one but sold it due to the nature of it not holding up to the extreme bashing I like to do

In my 4 months with the MMT, I had only broken one lower front A-Arm, but went through shock towers quite a bit, body posts and the front CVD shafts. The front CVD shafts can be fixed by purchasing some Losi LST2 front CVD shafts. They fit and wont break. My advice is if you get one and like to bash with it, get a center differential and ditch the 2 speed. The truck is too heavy and puts a lot of strain on the front/rear diffs causing them to go out (after 3 months or so, both my front/rear went out on me). The truck is a blast and literally goes over everything (even your buddies Savage). If your not into hardcore bashing then its a perfect truck. My buddy and I raced and I would take him (he had a Savage X 4.6).

You wont be disappointed and its a head turner. Its huge and its handles awesome.

You toque all the word of my mouth lol

I have one and love the damn thing but I'm not a hard core basher i just like off roading with it or just going out mud-ding. If your just like me go for it, if your hard core basher get the Savage XL or the LST II. this is a video i made on You Tube check-it out, good luck and have fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPTJhDc3dQ

just to throw something extra lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZubhvR4JQ&feature=user