Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

revo 3.3 with losi 427 teal head

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

revo 3.3 with losi 427 teal head

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3 with losi 427 teal head

i am going to pick up a new losi 427 w/ teal head(stock in the muggy) to put in my revo. i will be using the trinity pipe i used on the 3.3 with the trinity bigblock header. i am wondering if there is anything specific u will need to change out. i checked the diffs and they have steel gears, and i will be doing forward only conversion. i plan to swap the stock shafts for cvd's eventually. i believe i am using 17/36 gears to tame the torque, and get a lil speed [>:]. just looking for a few tips and tricks to help it perform better.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Clymer122693

Default RE: revo 3.3 with losi 427 teal head

Upgrade to alum diff cups and back the slipper off a bit. Get a better pipe then the trinity,its a good pipe for small blocks but doesn't alow BB's to breath enough and get all the power out that the motor has. I've been wanting to drop a mach 427 teal head in my revo for awhile now but haven't had the extra cash,but this winter I will have the extra cash so the revo is gonna be having a heart transplant.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
jikkuria

i did replace the diff cases with integy(got em for free) i've been thinking about a side pipe configuration, but the 427 drained my humble 16 y.o. funds. i have a 086 pipe on my buggy that i been eyeing, but have a habbit of letting my friend drive one while i drive, as im trying to convince him to go nitro. but thank you for the info, and best of luck with your revo, im hoping to break it in sunday.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big block Revo....now that's how it should be.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
jikkuria

it looks great, but the roto start hits the rear arm, and i need another $40 to get the right backplate
Old 08-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Clymer122693

Depending on how much the roto start is hitting on the a-arm you can shave some material off the arm.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldn't use the Trinity pipe on it. That pipe is for the 3.3, which is smaller than the .27 big block you're putting in it, get a pipe that's made for the engine you're putting in it.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 PM
jikkuria

To CLYMER122693- The rotostart goes beyond the arm, i would have to completely remove a section of the arm with no connective parts, but i when the hobby shop told me $40 i did some research and found the part i wanted for $13.99. i want the p/s eliminator off the werks .26 and they tried to sell me the one off the grp .28

And to Sfar785- i plan to retro-fit a bigblock pipe on the revo, as i have the bigblock header to keep the new exhaust in the stock location except for maybe moving the hanger.

To Everyone- as i do plan to get a new tuned pipe for the revo, i was wondering if you all have any suggestions. it would be ideal to get a mid-top end pipe to tame some of the torque of the bigblock but i do love the occasional wheelie[>:] i have no problems buying a high dollar pipe, but i would like to avoid buku and such pipes. but any and all adivce will be very helpful, as i have limited experience with big blocks. i mostly deal with 1/10 scale except for the 2 motors i've had in my buggy, the force .28 (stock) and the delta super 8p w/ boost. thank you all very much!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
j2hizzo
My Feedback: (1)

i have a revo with a lrp .28 that i have configured a side mount pipe, i used a hpi hellfire pipe and header. the header is key because u need one that will give the pipe enough clearance from the body. I have a bunch of pics with the sidemount if you would like some ideas, just shoot me your email and i will send them.