Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tower terror Rc Qestion

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Jman1208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower terror Rc Qestion

Ok well i had this truck for a while and ive ran it a lot, already broken in couple hours on it. ok so anyways when i run it the engine gets super hot and wen i try to go fast it stalls and kills itself, im gona get the temperature lazer soon but im not the best at the tunning part i know thats the problem i just dont know how. if u wana post something here it would be great.

And a couple questions: I saw a video on tunning and he said when you run if you see a line of smoke its perfectly tuned which is what i see but i am not sure and, he said the engine is suppost to be around 200 degrese? is that true i got no idea

EDIT: Just became member when i get my truck running good ill post vids pics and more =)
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 PM
cswracing

Default RE: Tower terror Rc Qestion

what percentage fuel are you running? an easy way to tell how hot you motor is is to drop a drop of water on the head and if it evaporates emmideatley kill your engine and richen it! what i like to do is get it to where once your up to running temp. you drop the water and everything and i like for it to sizzle about 3 seconds thhis is an good setting. also make sure that you seal up all air leaks on your motor this can cause lots of heat. make sure you do have a good smoke trail too but not to where when your ideling its spewing fuel out of the pipe belive it or not this can also make it run hotter.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a slight issue with mine doing the same thing as you described, and I just richened the high speed needle slightly, and this resolved the issue. Your adjustments will change slightly with the weather. Also check your head screws as i noticed mine like to back out a little, and thus this could cause a lean condition.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
madmax93

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43...26/key_/tm.htm
try this link
Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get in contact with a member named BudBud. He has tons of experience with the Tower Terror. [8D]
Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 AM
BudBud

I do have a ton of experience with the Terror, but the man you want for the stock engine is Aleknocker. I sold him a couple and gave him a couple. He probably has seven or eight Tower 25s now. I switched all of my trucks over to Axial 32s, Hpi 4.6s and Picco 26s. Bud