Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

1st time buyina nitro truck which

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

1st time buyina nitro truck which

Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 PM
phonedrn8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time buyina nitro truck which

Hey yall looking to buy a Nito Monster truck some ting to bash and have fun in the desert. I have been looking around at differnt one's Im looking for a easy maint, normal wear and tear parts, upgrade for future..

I been kinda leaning to the duratraxx and hpi

also i need one with reverse they do have reverse like the battery powerd ones

any help and what should i look for pro and cons
Old 10-26-2008, 11:42 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 1st time buyina nitro truck which

I think everyone will agree to stay away from Duratrax. Their trucks have been known to be of lesser quality than some of the other name brands. The HPI Savage is a good one, but I'm not so sure you'll get reverse.... Traxxas Revo and Losi LST2 both are good trucks, and have reverse, but are in the top bracket of cost. If you have a hobby shop nearby, I would recommend going into one and see them with your own eyes. Compare the features....

Honestly, most of the bigger name models(Traxxas Revo, Losi LST2, AE MGT, and HPI Savage) will be equally good for you, you just have to compare their features. You will find people who will give you positive reviews on all of them, and you will find others that hate them for one reason or another. I say just lurk around here... look in the subforums at the problems some of them are having. Ask questions... specific questions... not "What should i buy?"... and you should get a good amount of information to base your decision from.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:21 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As stated by RenegadeRevo, I would recommend Losi LST2, AE MGT, HPI Savage to you. I have heard alot of good comments on the HPI Savage 4.6 and the Losi LST2. AE MGT has a 8.0CC version that came out not long ago.

Here in Toronto, Canada, Losi LST2 goes for $699CAD, HPI Savage 4.6 RTR for $499.

I was considering buying a HPI Savage because people said that people is superb and very durable. But after a long thought, I'm not even going to race the truck, I just play them at the park so why spend some much money on it. Then I bought a Tamiya RevStorm which is a new stadium truck from Tamiya. Not many parts have come out for the RevStorm yet but it's a great truck for both on-road and off-road. I bought the truck for $299CAD at my local hobby store which is like less than $250USD. But for some reason, Horizon Hobby sells them for $379.99USD.

Here is the link:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=TAM43534

So definitely get the Losi LST2, AE MGT, Traxxass Series, HPI Savage if you are looking for a monster truck with lots of aftermarket options.

Also, you don't really need reverse. At first I was thinking the same as you, it would be so inconvenient without reverse. However, once you started to play, you will find out that you rarely will need to use the reverse mode. Reverse is a good feature but definitely not needed.

Also, if you don't like the mess and the hassles with Nitro cars, get a Losi 1/10th Desert Electric Truck, I read some good reviews on this desert truck in magazines.

If you have never had nitro cars before, I can tell you, it can get very dirty. After you finish your run, You have to do some cleanup because of the residues of the burnt fuel.

I have a Losi Mini Rock Crawler, Mini LST, Nitro Tamiya RevStorm. I really enjoy the my nitro RevStorm, it is so much fun than the electric ones where you have to charge up all the time. The smell and the sound of my nitro truck running down the street is so beautiful! One other thing I think about nitro cars is you can just fuel & go, refuel & go again.

Fuel can get pretty expensive, I'm paying $40/gallon which is the standard price here in Toronto, Canada, it is a little cheaper than in the states.

Here is my baby:
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
phonedrn8

cool thanks for the info , going to the hobby shop thur or fri to look and inquire