Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

T-max suspention and fuel help please

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-max suspention and fuel help please

Old 05-27-2003, 07:23 PM
superchomper200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-max suspention and fuel help please

I just bought a t-max 2.5 about 4 days ago i have only un about 1/2 gallon fuel threw it and the suspention will just bearly come up above the ground when i push it down when i am driving it it still come up about half way is this normal, if not can sombody tell me somthing i can do to prevent it.

Also the guy at my hobby shop told me that i needed to run the expensive fuel that he has like trinity monster horsepower or traxxas top fuel the, he sells both for about $24.00 a gallon which adds up to be pretty expesive after a while. I was wondering if it would be ok to run airplane fuel in it which is called cool power and is a lot cheaper like about $13.00. He sed the oil content in it was not right and would burn it up. But i have always run it in my old trucks .15 and it never hurt it, and as far as i know the oil content is higher in it than in rc car fuel. Is he right or is he just trying to get me to buy the more expensive fuel.

P.S thanks for all the help everyone
Old 05-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Um,
I have run plane fuel.
Some of my engines actually ran better.
I'm currently useing Sidewinder Pro Race 16%.
It costs $15.99 a gallon as opposed to $24.99 for 20%.
I didn't like the Trinity,foamed way too much.
The Traxxas is good Because your running a Traxxas motor.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default The stock shocks are junk!

You should get some threaded aluminum shocks! They work much better and are adjusted easier!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:10 PM
POJack

Default Re: T-max suspention and fuel help please

Originally posted by superchomper200
I just bought a t-max 2.5 about 4 days ago i have only un about 1/2 gallon fuel threw it and the suspention will just bearly come up above the ground when i push it down when i am driving it it still come up about half way is this normal, if not can sombody tell me somthing i can do to prevent it.
The shocks aren't supposed to be that way, however traxxas dosn't fill the shocks all the way up with oil from the factory like they are supposed to. Also, stock springs are kinda weak. If I were you, Invest in some traxxas big bore shocks, or if your not prepared to go that route yet, remove your shocks...empty out all the oil in them, fill them with 50wt oil (stock is 30wt), and get some stiffer springs. This is the cheaper route if your not looking to spend $80 at this point for big bores. Also, don't overtighten the shock caps. Only hand tighten them and don't torque them down, or else they will strip.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Vormulac

too true POJack.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:19 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

POJack said it all on the shock issue..as far as fuel goes, I use SideWinder's Backyard Basher, about $16 a gallon, 20% Nitro 16% oil, I also use Trinity Horsepower 25% Nitro 12% oil, use the Sidewinder for bashing and regular running, the Trinity for racing only..just run your engine too lean and almost any fuel should be OK..good luck