Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

CEN MT Spec 3.0 Resto/Rebuild Project

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN MT Spec 3.0 Resto/Rebuild Project

Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 PM
The Hybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN MT Spec 3.0 Resto/Rebuild Project

Well after receiving this in a trade I realized this thing is trashed and not "RTR" as was stated...so instead of getting angry I figured this could be a great resto/rebuild project...
Well the break down happened today and this is where we are now...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55570.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1067481  
Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 AM
dacaur

Default RE: CEN MT Spec 3.0 Resto/Rebuild Project

any progress?

people ideas of RTR vary wildly ive found... I got a T-maxx recently that was "RTR"... except one front arm was obviously broken, front bulkheads were broken, carb was being held on by wire (no retainer bolt) servo saver was broken, the steering servo was a crappy 35oz/inch job etc etc... Overall I'm still happy with it due to getting a great deal (this one plus another almost complete t-maxx for $200)
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
[email protected]

Default RE: CEN MT Spec 3.0 Resto/Rebuild Project

I own the same truck and don't run it that much because it does not hold togeather all to good. My cen has the os .18cvr and runs very fast but the truck can't take the power and I burn my 1st gear out all the time. In a stright line it is impressive but thats it. parts for your truck can be a pain to get the wright one and no shop around me will deal with cen. . I sold the old engine to a guy on the forum for $50 bucks and it was new and never ran. I owned 2 cen mt's, one crashed into a pole at full speed so I bought another one because I still had a very good engine and some parts.