Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hottest .21 and up??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hottest .21 and up??

In your opinion what is the hottest .21 or bigger?? Give reasons why i.e speed,torque,reliability etc. Also if you have one of what ever it is you feel is the best tell me how much it cost?? I don't own any expensive (Durtrax,Traxxas,Ofna and a O.S .15 Hyper) engines but, would like to! So, I want to know what is worth the money!
Old 06-01-2003, 04:26 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i dont have any but i i think the c5 and a 21 rossi..and for an affordable 1 maybe the picco 26
Old 06-01-2003, 01:01 PM
fourwheeler

The Ofna Hyper 8 port is a really good engine. I have heard it is a pain to break in though. I have a new one coming for my buggy because I have one in my Savage that was used when I got it. It has alot of torque and really runs well while holding a tune really well. You wouldn't be dissappointed in it.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:52 PM
DFF

If money is no objet, the R&B are the top dogs. but that's only my opinion !

Reason why is pretty simple: they won a lot of championship and if you had the chance to see one, you'll see it's all super high quality and awarded design. Beside the WS7 is pumping outstanding low end, while the C5 is king of speed. Tuning is super easy and consistent. They run pretty cold too and sleeve piston will work for more than 10 gallons (15 gallons is usual). Start on the first pull too !

On a negative note, R&B does only race engine that don't have a pull start, so it means even more money to mod them. And the break-in oh man, you need a good starter box. They are a pain to break, sleeve / piston is super tight.

It sure doesn't come for cheap, but you get what you pay for

After that, my personnal pref would go for novarossi, then sirio.

After would come Picco (but was quite shocked about the .26 flaws), and then ofna.

For the 8 ports, it's not a bad engine, but you better take it apart and clean-it all before even running it. I heard some horror stories about it. Nevertheless, it's like the Picco, if you are lucky and got a good engine, then it performs real well and the perf / money ratio is hard to beat.

I still prefer R&B 'cause you know for sure you won't get a lemon.

Only my 0.02 Euro

DFF
Old 06-01-2003, 05:35 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by DFF
If money is no objet, the R&B are the top dogs. but that's only my opinion !

I agree with Dff, but I have come to learn that the line of CBM's are alot more bang for your buck!! Were talking torque of the ws7, and about the same top end as the C5, but at a discount!! I think the LSI(green head) and Raptor(purple head) run some where in the ball park of $230 or so!!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:20 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I am sticking with my .21 OS RZVO1B, built in boost chamber, 2.4HP super durable, reliable, and forgiving to some degree tuning wise. For a engine thats straight out of the box, this is a pretty hot engine. Makes GREAT power at 5,500 feet of elevation (Denver, Colorado) and runs super at 250F, but can safely run around 300F for insane power output. I can only imagine the power this unit makes at sealevel! These sell for $270-$395 depending on who you buy from. OS has been making Nitro engines for over 20 years, they aren't some new company. Alot of airplane modelers swear by OS only. I like mine so much I bought another one NIB, for replacing the first one. I would guess it will be quite a while before I need to replace it though, I expect 10 gallons of excellent performance at least.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	83031_17532.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	48781  
Old 06-03-2003, 09:39 PM
GoldenTC3
My Feedback: (1)

Sirio is making a new .27 engine in three different form being standard, racer, and pro. They should be real screamers.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:32 AM
jeeptuff

Originally posted by GoldenTC3
Sirio is making a new .27 engine in three different form being standard, racer, and pro. They should be real screamers.
Indeed and all three will have a top RPM of 39K, the race/pro models will be 3.1HP and 11 port to boot.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Legendary

Default No doubt,

O.S makes a great engine! I only used O.S in my Airplanes! But, in R/C cars and trucks I think you can get more for your money out of some of the others out there! The O.S engines cost a ton to rebuild compared to many of the others out there! As far as power the Ofna Force .25 and the Hyper 8 port put out about the same as the OS RZVO1B! Now whether the power is as usable as it is in the O.S I could not say but, for the money it cost to buy one RZVO1B I could get 2 Hyper 8 ports! Please don't take this the wrong way! I know that O.S engines are of a better quality but, when you beat and bash the way I do your going to be rebuilding or replacing engines no matter what you buy!

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
I am sticking with my .21 OS RZVO1B, built in boost chamber, 2.4HP super durable, reliable, and forgiving to some degree tuning wise. For a engine thats straight out of the box, this is a pretty hot engine. Makes GREAT power at 5,500 feet of elevation (Denver, Colorado) and runs super at 250F, but can safely run around 300F for insane power output. I can only imagine the power this unit makes at sealevel! These sell for $270-$395 depending on who you buy from. OS has been making Nitro engines for over 20 years, they aren't some new company. Alot of airplane modelers swear by OS only. I like mine so much I bought another one NIB, for replacing the first one. I would guess it will be quite a while before I need to replace it though, I expect 10 gallons of excellent performance at least.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

XTM 247?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:50 PM
einlanzeR

RB Concepts WS7II tuned by Rody w/ Pullstart Mod or RB Concepts C5 tuned by Rody.