0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

RTX-27-Handling and Durability

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:32 PM
MadManAndrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTX-27-Handling and Durability

I'm thinking about gettina new truck for christmas. I want something that comes stock with better handling than my Savage but I can still bash up to a point.I'v got my eye on the RTX-27 and the engine doesn't really matter because here pretty soon I'm gonna have a HPI f4.6 sittin around. So my question is: How's the handling on the RTX-27 and what are the suspension options and how durable is it BONE STOCK?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:42 AM
bhcvc

Default RE: RTX-27-Handling and Durability

Go through the RTX-27 thread, lots of info there! The engine is one complaint, tho it seems to be better than the one that came in the warhead. The biggest problem seems to be the tranny. It has reliability problems that you may not want to deal with. The tranny issues is what steered me away from an otherwise seemingly awesome truck. All reviews I've read say the handling is excellent, matching or besting some of the best handling MTs (LST2 and Revo), but you have to decide if the tranny issues outweigh the great handling.

If you're open to electric, the Savage Flux is coming out and may handle better than the GP Savage because of much improved weight distribution and center of gravity.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:22 AM
milligan

I think its great all around,but I've only had mine for 2 weeks,runs stout,its a beast so far!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77979.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1087484  
Old 12-11-2008, 06:22 PM
MadManAndrew

thanks for the replys guys, but the RTX-27 thread is 18 pages long, and I don't really feel like reading 18 pages of posts to see how this truck is, so what kind of tranny issues? Easy fix, or catastrophic failure?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

I have the warhead evo. Its a great truck and has never gave me any issues. Its all around a great basher and its pretty fun to run on the track. It has recenetly been converted to electric though with a e-savage tranny and custom center axles.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:33 PM
bhcvc

Honestly don't remember the exact issue with the tranny, but I'd say it's closer toward the catostrophic (not quite, but can be pretty bad). Much of the thread isn't info on the tranny, but going thru it looking for tranny info doesn't take as long as you'd think. Plus you learn about the other pros & cons of the truck.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:49 AM
ElectricGuy007

Converting another huh, cool! Maybe this chassis has more durable parts then that other one you had,
I saw it for sale on rctech a couple months back. So Always Dreamin didnt keep it very long either.