Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 PM
pagani77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3

i'm was about to get a revo 3.3 but then read a thread saying that they can't bash and break alot and was wondering is this true or not
Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
jikkuria

Default RE: revo 3.3

they can bash ok in stock form, but not the best as compared to the savage or lst. with a few upgrades it can be a very capable basher, thinngs like rpm arms and carriers will help alot, as well as a a new steering servo(s). i know some people say "why buy a truck and upgrade it to make it run good", but with the revo you get great handling and a tight turning radius, like no other monster truck. yes a lst can be a great racer as well, but you have to upgrade it a little as well. i say get a revo and have fun with it. i have only broken 1 arm on mine from a botched landing(into a pole).
Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Straick

Default RE: revo 3.3

I have the original 2.5 version and beat the snot out of it. It keeps coming back for more every time. I run it through snow, mud, and have launched it over 20 feet upward repeatedly(over 100 times). Few broken a-arms(traction roll cartwheels), front bulkhead(really bad traction roll on asphalt), broken front driveshaft(sign pole hit while in flight). Wore out the original motor and then their are the normal wear parts(slipper clutch, clutch shoes, spur gears). Only major part to need replacement was the main chassis plate, but that was a result of fatigue failure from a few hundred jumps over 20 feet up, and more than a few that cleared the 30 foot mark.