Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats up with Supermaxx?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 07:31 AM
POJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up with Supermaxx?

Has anyone else backordered an EXT suspension within the last 2 months? I ordered one 2 months ago after speaking with the owner of supermaxx and him telling me that they would be ready in 2-3 weeks. Well, two months later, and still "OUT OF STOCK" at hobbyshopnj. I mean, I am patient, but come on. Also, they didn't at all hesitate to bill my credit card for $400+. This is some BULLS***. Also, I asked him about a month after purchasing it and he said, "2 weeks". I don't mind waiting for the product, but let me know a true time frame. This is rediculous. My truck has been sitting in the basement for the last 2 months waiting on this suspention. By the time I get it, it's going to be winter again. Just had to vent a little. sorry.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:48 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

So you talked to Robin, or the Owner of Hobbyshopnj?

Times are pretty stiff right now, from the sounds of it, Robin should be opening the doors, for the release of his production truck "Rody", but yet he was gonna cut the ribbon a few months back, and still has yet to let those of us interested know the facts. Anyways maybe you should give him a call and see if you cant turn over any stones!! I personaly will not buy anything from hobbyshopnj again, for the same fact as you stated,"they didn't at all hesitate to bill my credit card" I just order my stuff directly through Robins store front, prices are a bit higher, but the service and egar to please is much more valuble to me then saving a few bucks!! I HATE THE MIDDLE MAN, and avoid them if at all possible, specialy in case such as this!!

Hope things work out!!
Old 06-10-2003, 07:32 PM
POJack

Originally posted by adeoliver
So you talked to Robin, or the Owner of Hobbyshopnj?

Times are pretty stiff right now, from the sounds of it, Robin should be opening the doors, for the release of his production truck "Rody", but yet he was gonna cut the ribbon a few months back, and still has yet to let those of us interested know the facts. Anyways maybe you should give him a call and see if you cant turn over any stones!! I personaly will not buy anything from hobbyshopnj again, for the same fact as you stated,"they didn't at all hesitate to bill my credit card" I just order my stuff directly through Robins store front, prices are a bit higher, but the service and egar to please is much more valuble to me then saving a few bucks!! I HATE THE MIDDLE MAN, and avoid them if at all possible, specialy in case such as this!!

Hope things work out!!
Well, I did email him 3 times and he really dosn't give any reason for the delay. All he tells me (in a 2 word answer) is "2-3 weeks". It's been 2-3 weeks for the last 2 months. Also, under "normal" circumstances, I would agree about cutting out the middle man, but when UE has a "sale price" of $477.99 and hobbyshop nj is charging $399.95 for the same exact kit, it's hard for me to just blow $80 for the hell of it. Shows you the markup on these things.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:40 PM
einlanzeR

Well, if you e-mailed Robin a couple days ago, he had just got done with Lasik so he couldn't really open his eyes for anything. Maybe that was the reason for a short reply?
Old 06-10-2003, 07:47 PM
POJack

Originally posted by einlanzeR
Well, if you e-mailed Robin a couple days ago, he had just got done with Lasik so he couldn't really open his eyes for anything. Maybe that was the reason for a short reply?
Last time I emailed him was about 3 weeks ago. Hey, I'm not trying to flame Robin or anything. I'm a pretty patient person. If he would have told me, "It'll be out in the next couple months", I can deal with that. But when someone tells you 2 or 3 weeks, you expect the product to be in stock in 2 or 3 weeks, not 2 or more months later.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:45 PM
einlanzeR

My bad. I guess time does fly.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:27 AM
POJack

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...just got an email that the EXT suspention is on it's way and will be here tomorrow...God, that was a long "2-3 weeks"....