Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

is the recession effecting u and ur rc rides?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

is the recession effecting u and ur rc rides?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Dirtysavage/st-1 guy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the recession effecting u and ur rc rides?

[&o]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:13 PM
HSVXU6

Default RE: is the recession effecting u and ur rc rides?

Absolutely. I was going brushless in my Durga this year but business has dropped off that much that it is on hold, so is my 1/8th conversion. The part that really bugs me is that it is all caused by the good old US of A[&o]
Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
TGreg

not so much for me, but i work at a movie theater. Surprisingly, business is 2 to 3 times busier for us in the recession than normal.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:16 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

YEP
been trying to find cheaper nitro fuel but thats hard to find.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
absolutemayhem

not really,, i spent about $1200 since january on R/ C....... although paying $42 for nitro is a little much.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM
rccheech

I'ts pretty much killing me, I work in the auto repair industry and buisness sucks more than not.[&o]
Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
HSVXU6

It would be good if people told us if they work for themselves or a boss. I am self employed and manufacture tools for the fibreglass industry.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:26 PM
absolutemayhem

ORIGINAL: HSVXU6

It would be good if people told us if they work for themselves or a boss. I am self employed and manufacture tools for the fibreglass industry.
i work at the TOYOTA plant, where we make the tundra...we did have lay offs, but they were all temps... its like toyota saw it coming....GO BUY A TUNDRA!!!!!! lol
Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 PM
HSVXU6

I would buy one but we are in a recession
Old 03-19-2009, 12:57 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

i work at the TOYOTA plant, where we make the tundra...we did have lay offs, but they were all temps... its like toyota saw it coming....GO BUY A TUNDRA!!!!!! lol
I work at a Toyota parts plant here in Canada and we are busy as hell....overtime 6 days a week and were hiring 50 more people....
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
yoster

Director at a Market Research Firm (www.decipherinc.com)

The economy is taking a hit more on my time than my finances. Clients want more for their dollar these days, and we're all working harder to give them that. Because of this however, stress and time spent at work goes up. As a result, when I'm home, I'm spending more time passed-out on the couch watching TV rather than getting out there and running my RC's (and in turn, buying more).
Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
absolutemayhem

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

I work at a Toyota parts plant here in Canada and we are busy as hell....overtime 6 days a week and were hiring 50 more people....
we hade a few ppl go there for our 3 month shut down...
Old 03-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Access

Not really, my buying is much more affected by what's coming out in the future. There was nothing I wanted later last year through November, and then December, January, February, a bunch of stuff I wanted finally came out so I was buying stuff like crazy. Now I'm back to the point of being satisfied with what I have so I'm not buying much anymore. It's no different if there was a 'recession' or not, except that a recession might cut back on the new products developed.

I must say I do find this industry no different than when I was more into videogames when it comes to release timing. For instance the 'speak' companies use for how much longer until something is released, 'two months' means a year, 'two weeks' means a few months, and 'any day now' means a few weeks. It seems like most manufacturers try to time a release around the christmass season but ultimately miss it, meaning most of the stuff you want ends up coming out in the first few months of the year.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Hasn't affected me at all. Although, I'm probably actually buying more because of the recession. All of the vintage stuff I'm into has gotten a lot cheaper on ebay, because so many people stopped buying it. I'm down with this recession. Sure, stocks and other investments have been cut in half, but it'll come back up and I'll get my money back. Just have to give it a few years. Doesn't anyone remember the early to mid eighties? Carter did a lot of damage to the economy, and it came back. Everyone just needs to be patient and Obama needs to stop talking. Everytime he gets on TV and says something stupid the stock market drops even further. Just chill out in the west wing bud. If he wanted to be famous he should have become an actor and saved all of us this BS presidency he seems to be getting under way.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
HSVXU6

Hi Barber420
[quote]ORIGINAL: Barber420

I'm down with this recession. Sure, stocks and other investments have been cut in half, but it'll come back up and I'll get my money back. Just have to give it a few years. Doesn't anyone remember the early to mid eighties? Carter did a lot of damage to the economy, and it came back.

My Doctor made a similar comment to me last time I was in to see him. My statement and question to him was "I know from experience that stocks, superannuation and property will go back up in value at some stage, but, my question is, will that be before or after I die?[&o]

When you watch your superannuation and investments drop at the rate of $1,500AUD per week for the first half of this financial year you do wonder how long it will take to pick up those sorts of losses. When they do pick up you still have to hope that inflation is at a low rate, otherwise your investments wont give you the lifestyle that you had planned for. You will find yourself working into your later years beyond retirement age and taking a job away from a younger person. You end up with an older work force and a higher unemployment rate. I am 54 and had the intentions of building our new workshop this year and selling our current workshop and home next year and building our retirement home. I was in the process of slowing down my rate of involvement within the company and passing on the responsibility to other people and therefore creating vacant positions within the company. I will now be working through to 60 as a minimum. It's not all bad news in that respect because I love what I do, but, it would of been nice to take the company to the next level. Last year was our best year in 20 years after showing a steady rate of growth. Funny how things go
Old 03-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Airbus 9e

Actually being an unemployed truck driver has given me the time to work on the RC projects I've had the parts laying about for for a while now.....hehe....
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I for one am buying less nitro, the recession one way or another has hit nitro fuel prices (something I have no understanding as to why).
As a matter of fact, I have not fired up any nitros until this past Feb when it actally got above freezing. Nitro fuel costing $30 per gal is just lame.

I have however run some gassers over the inter. I have not run much (I am a cold wuss), maybe like 20min here and there, about a gallons worth through each RC. When it is constantly good out, I will run RCs again everyday, but if nitro fuel is still outrageously expensive, I will still purchase gasoline for like $1.75(& .9 cents which we all know is really $1.76) which is well under a TENTH of the cost of nitro fuel. Moreover, gassers will run more than 30min on one tank of gas (I regularly hit 45min on a tank of gas). So, that one gallon of gas will literally last me more than 4 times as long as a gallon of nitro fuel lasts.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Barber420

I've seen nitro as low as $15 again now. The nitro shortage is no longer happening, so it's getting cheap again.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM
DarkFire989

I just run my gasser, dont have to worry about expensive nitro!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:41 PM
[email protected]

yeah it's getting me because they laid off so many people now we are working a ton of over time so I never have free time. they change my shift to 10:00am to 6:30 pm I was 3:00 to 11:00pm so I had all day to play before work but not now. I have cut back on spending becuase you never know if your next to go at my job.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:25 PM
RenegadeRevo

Ummmmm... bought a new house, so the LST2 and Revo have a new home?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
dustin7837

I'm a field engineer in the oilfield in canada. The price of oil has affected us a bit, but surprisingly not nearly as much as I would have thought.

Buying more RC stuff than ever now
Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 AM
EngageRC

the stores are hurting... go get them now.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:22 AM
eibbor

You should tell us how you really feel, don't hide your emotions... Hahaha, I agree with all you said. The recession is affecting me and all my hobbies in that I am investing more now that spending on rc (or my other hobbies). Heck stocks are so cheap now and my 401k is down so much, I'm dumping more money into them, just because they are cheap and I know their going back up. I hear people say all the time, that they lost moeny on their 401k and I'm like why did you pull it out? They didn't, so I have to wxplain you only lose it if you pull it out and "lock in" that price. Right now your only down...
Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
eibbor

You should tell us how you really feel, don't hide your emotions... Hahaha, I agree with all you said. The recession is affecting me and all my hobbies in that I am investing more now that spending on rc (or my other hobbies). Heck stocks are so cheap now and my 401k is down so much, I'm dumping more money into them, just because they are cheap and I know their going back up. I hear people say all the time, that they lost moeny on their 401k and I'm like why did you pull it out? They didn't, so I have to wxplain you only lose it if you pull it out and "lock in" that price. Right now your only down...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.