Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

CEN gst 7.7 any good? should i buy????

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN gst 7.7 any good? should i buy????

Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN gst 7.7 any good? should i buy????

i want to get a new truck to bash with and i have always liked the look of the cen.i bash mostly and i dont think i bash that hard.i rarely break anything.and the cen looks so strong i dont think i will break anything.

So who has one and how do you like it?

i am thinking of getting one,they are online cheap! but i have a coupple of concernes.

1 is there any weaknesses?does anything need to be upgraded or changed asap?

2 is there any NON_FIXABLE faults? like no parts avalable?or maybe diffs that break every 5 minutes?is there anything that would make me regret spending 300 on the truck?

3 can i put a regular .28 engine in it in place of the .46? i heard the .46 soaks up gas way too quick and is hard to tune and i just want my sh.28 in there for better runtime and higher rpm.i can sell the .46 brand new for at least enough to buy my sh.28.but is there anything i need to do the swap?possibly some other engine mount?made by some other company?who would that company be?

4 is there any upgrades i should get?anything i should change or tune to make it better out of the box?

5 is there anything i need to know before starting it?like a tricky this or that?rc cars are known to have tricky this or that soemtimes?

So who has one and what do you think?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 AM
derrick05

Default RE: CEN gst 7.7 any good? should i buy????

ORIGINAL: jonnymobil

i want to get a new truck to bash with and i have always liked the look of the cen.i bash mostly and i dont think i bash that hard.i rarely break anything.and the cen looks so strong i dont think i will break anything.

So who has one and how do you like it?

i am thinking of getting one,they are online cheap! but i have a coupple of concernes.

1 is there any weaknesses?does anything need to be upgraded or changed asap?

2 is there any NON_FIXABLE faults? like no parts avalable?or maybe diffs that break every 5 minutes?is there anything that would make me regret spending 300 on the truck?

3 can i put a regular .28 engine in it in place of the .46? i heard the .46 soaks up gas way too quick and is hard to tune and i just want my sh.28 in there for better runtime and higher rpm.i can sell the .46 brand new for at least enough to buy my sh.28.but is there anything i need to do the swap?possibly some other engine mount?made by some other company?who would that company be?

4 is there any upgrades i should get?anything i should change or tune to make it better out of the box?

5 is there anything i need to know before starting it?like a tricky this or that?rc cars are known to have tricky this or that soemtimes?

So who has one and what do you think?
The GST has a few problems,but nothing that cant be fixed quite easily.Im not going into that here because all the answers to your questions are already answered in GREAT DETAIL in the cen racing forumthats all you need to do is search the cen racing forum to find out the pros,cons,fixes and upgrades from real GST owners with real hands on experience.Posting here may bring ignorant answers[:@]I will tell you from hands on experience that the NEMESIS,out of the box is much more durable,faster and simpler to work onThats why most GST drivetrain parts are changed over to NEMESIS parts(for durabilty)Search the CEN RACING forum[8D]
Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CEN gst 7.7 any good? should i buy????

where are you finding it for $300