Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Hello, I'm new and will take any help that can be given

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hello, I'm new and will take any help that can be given

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
chefnatewright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, I'm new and will take any help that can be given

Hello everyone, my name is Nate and I am new to nitro rc trucks. I just received, through a trade, a Tmaxx with a hpi motor from a savage. Its not running right now, but from the research I have done and what this guy has told me, it only needs a crystal change, glow plug and fuel.

Any and all comments, help. advice or interest in my little project would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hello, I'm new and will take any help that can be given

Don't buy Top Fuel or Blue Thunder Nitro, they both suck. Run Nitrotane, Sidewinder, O'Donnel, or Byron's. Make sure and only run "race" formula nitro, the "rtr" formula stuff usually has too much oil content. McCoy and O'Donnell glow plugs are both good options for those. Good luck with it!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2 on everything Barber 240 said. Don't use Sport or R2R formulas as the oil will kill one way bearings. Sounds like this T-maxx is setup with a BB conversion, I just hope the gears hold up to the load.

Good luck and welcome!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
chefnatewright

Yes it is set up with a BB Conversion. The guy I got this from said he owned and raced 33 different trucks and just sold them all. He didn't really tell me anything about it except for the glow plug and the roto start.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
derrick05

Good Luck
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
nitrojimbo

Hey Barber, just answer one thing for me. What's wrong with Blue Thunder? I run it and it works really good.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

I've never had any luck with it. It seems very hard to tune, and then, impossible to get the motor to hold that tune for even one tank whenever I've dealt with Blue Thunder. I've had to deal with it several times, and I hated it every time and could barely get the vehicles to run. Mind you, all of this was on other peoples vehicles, mostly Losi's, but I couldn't work with it at all. However, if I'm running any of the fuels I mentioned earlier I find it ridiculously easy to tune and the engines will hold their tune ALL day long!!! 30% Nitrotane Race is by FAR my favorite fuel. Just wish AE made a nitro fuel, as I'm a bit of an AE fanboy and running Losi Nitrotane is like dancing with the devil!!!