Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

rebuild or buy new

Old 04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
rcslsafut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuild or buy new

i have an old t maxx that i would like to get going again my question is do i trade up to 2.5 traxxas engine or i was thinking about the os .18 cvr anyone have any experince in this ?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
thef@st1

Default RE: rebuild or buy new

i just got a revo 3.3 and that thing is powerfull if u can go that route. i know the os is a good engine to heard good things. but if i were u id go 3.3 if it fits.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

A lot of people dislike the 2.5, and love the O.S. .18 cv-r, but i would personally trade up to the 2.5r with an ez-start system. I had one on my .15 maxx, and i loved that little motor. It would start and idle all day long and ran great all around. I also loved the EZ start. I had an O.S. .18 cv-r i got on trade with a drill starting system on it and i never even tried it since i liked the 2.5 so much [8D]

Anyways, its just personal preference really. Either one should be a good motor.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

2.5R's are good little motors, but screw the EZ-Start! Buy a pull start one, or a 3.3 pull start, and put a tiger drive on it. You lose the hassle, and weight, of the EZ-Start and still don't have a pull start. Plus, the Tiger Drives are cheaper than an EZ-Start!