Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

any ideas on which oscvrx15 for terra crusher?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

any ideas on which oscvrx15 for terra crusher?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 06:18 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas on which oscvrx15 for terra crusher?

i am planning to buy a new engine for my tc ..and i know os15cvrx roary is drop in i just dont know if the sg shaft or short shaft or long?if thers any long..i just want to know which one ..anybody?or if you know other engine that is drop in lmk..thanks
Old 06-18-2003, 08:20 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

I dont know much about the TC, but if my guess is correct I would go with the long shaft, the short shaft is for the Rc10Gt Tmaxx and so on. If the engine needs a short shaft just cut the extra threads off, and make it the length you need!!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:58 PM
remten2001

you will need this version of the OS .15 cvrx
Old 06-19-2003, 05:46 AM
badboy2

wizen i know yours are big blocks but how do i connect the linkage when the part on the carb that connects to it is on the right side ?and my stock tc the linkage is on the left side and also the control on carb?i want to do what u did on your 2 tc's but i really dont know how..if i am goin to do what u did how can i fit the driveshafts?pls help..itried to run it today ..the engine showed no life at all..
Old 06-19-2003, 11:19 AM
remten2001

Don't worry about the carb...YOu just have to unscrew the nut on the side of the engine and turn the carb the other way around and you will be fine....
Old 06-19-2003, 01:00 PM
badboy2

oh is that it..thanks..hows your savage?did u get the 25 that u sent back to ofna..how are your tc s
Old 06-19-2003, 01:16 PM
remten2001

Its ironic that you ask that question about the .25 cause i received it and i am sending it back cause its deffective...The piston and sleeve are deffective in it....I only found that out yesterday....

MY terra crusher is screaming from hell...it has to much power and the drive train can't take it anymore i keep busting diffs and tranny gears....THe only way i can fix this is by running it on the ritch side....

MY savage is collecting dust ...Cause the terra crusher is my all time favorite mt...ON the track it handle just a tad better than the savage....Probably cause i spent a lot of time working on my suspension set up and made sure i had some good dampening....And one thing the terra crusher have that the savage doesn't have is the the size... the terra crusher is a big truck... That is what i like about it... Alouthgt i run it with savage tires...
Old 06-19-2003, 03:51 PM
badboy2

i did run my tc with savage tires and it flips just like when it was brand new..but now i really need and engine cuz th fs18 is dead..i like the size too ..but i would like it more if can do what you did on your tc..putting a bigger engine.. i know youll say its easy but for a newbie its hard..maybe u can give me or show me some guidelines on how to do it parts needed..like where to drill..btw would ofna give you a new one?how can u tell u got a defective engine?