RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo 3.3 vs. T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 AM
RCcars4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 vs. T-Maxx

The spark for electric cars is fading
Which truck is better for bashing? Revo 3.3 or T-Maxx?
Or is there any other recommendations?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Revo 3.3 vs. T-Maxx

Do some searching and you will find lots of information.

I really like both my Savage, and my MGT. They are both older models, but both would be better for bashing than a t-maxx or revo in my opinion. I had an oldert-maxx and it was a fun truck to drive, but it really just isnt built nearly as tough as the others. The bumper mounts, and bulkheadsbreak pretty easy. Mine was a .15 maxx with a stock 2.5r traxxas engine, and it was always breaking driveshafts. They arent a bad truck, I just feel they need upgrades from the factory. My savage, and MGT both i feel are well built from the factory. All steel driveline with mostly steel transmission gears. I havent had a problem with either of them.

I just feel the t-maxx is not the best basher. A revo is a great racer, and from what i have heard, they are tougher than a t-maxx, but I dont feel they are as tough as the other MT's out there like the Savage, MGT, LST 2, Losi XXL, etc.

This is my personal opinion after having experience with a T-maxx, MGT, and Savage. Keep in mind everyone thinks differently and expects different things from their r/c's.

Eric
Old 05-18-2009, 06:13 AM
jikkuria

out of the two listed, i would suggest the revo. it is tougher (not that the t-maxx isn't), and it handles much better. the revo is a little more expensive, but it is an all around better truck, plus, it takes a big block much easier than the t-maxx. i would have to agree with eric that the other manufacturers make a better truck stock. the losi is the best all around truck in my opinion, it can be a capable racer, and is very tough. the mgt is a very tough truck with race potential with some mods, and the savage is very tough.

when i said losi i meant lst2, though it is discontinued, buti have heard good about the xxl.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Jarrett123

Out of those two which i have had hands on experience with. By 1,000,000,000x i would say the revo is waaay better. It may not be the best basher, but with some stiffer springs and higher GC it isnt too bad. The revo is way tougher and handles better then the tmaxx.