Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Blackfoot.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 AM
DVST8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackfoot.

the lil lady's dad had one, said i could have it when i found it in the garage. looks in good condition. has a twister motor. any one know anything about those old motors or any idea how old this bad boy is? it has a little issue. i assume that the reverse is locked out due to a race mode or something like that on the novac esc.. any way i can change that? also... it will make sharpe left turns, but vey wide right turns.. anything i can do to make it a little more nimble?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
T.L.A.R. eng

Default RE: Blackfoot.

Back in the day, those were cool trucks, mine had a red chassis.

Probably you are experiencing torque steer.  As I remember, mine was the same way but the truck was so much fun that it didn't matter at the time.

Loosing the rear dogbones and drive cups was allways an issue, a guy could spend alot of money playing with a Blackfoot.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
dacaur

holy cow that brings back some memories... mine had a red chassis too... I never had a problem with dogbones, but kept breaking the front suspension...

For the steering, when you hold it in the air and turn, do the wheels turn the same amount both ways? is the steering trim centered?

For the ESC, i would check novaks site for the manual...

Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

That's not a Blackfoot chassis.... Looks like a Frog with an MT conversion of some sort.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
ShoestringRacer

Yeah that's a Frog, Subaru Brat or Lancia Rally chassis but it doesn't matter they are all the same as BF ones except for color. The front shocks aren't mounted in the stock position. Is that an aluminum shock front upright?

It also has a Monster Beetle rear bumper and gearbox skid plate.The Blackfoots didn't come with either.

Unless it is a picture angle illusion the left tire looks toed out too much. Can you adjust the rods to line the tires equally or even toed in each just a bit. That's a good after market servo saver on there. I think maybe you have CRP axels on there too??...stock doesn't have spacers like that.

Get in on this big Blackfoot thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6642870/tm.htm

Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
DVST8R

i have the box for it and the instructions... thats why i thought it was a blackfoot... looked like the other ones i see on google.

i figuered out the problem with the steering... on the magnum jr futaba radio there was a adjustment for the steering. the truck runs great. and like a champ in the grass. the old twister motor on it still has alot of life in it.

there are alot more old rc kits here i been told i can have... buggy's and other trucks. i will have pics up tomorrow after i get off work. more i still have to have find in the garage. i guess he had anywhere between 12-17 rc kits he built and hopped up and said if i can find em and get em running again.. they are mine.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 PM
ShoestringRacer

That's awesome, sounds like you hit an RC jackpot! Let us know what you find.

Well it's a Blackfoot I'm sure as much as anything. It's funny with all the swapping of parts on those old Tamiya BF, Beetle's.It's mostly what body you put on it lol!

I also noticed you have an adjustable motor mount on there so you can change pinions...the gearbox isopen on the side...that motor mount doesnt come witha proper cover, just the recommendation to use a piece of lexan to cover the hole..
Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 AM
DVST8R

one step ahead of ya. lol. one day i was going to take it to a constrution site after hours just to run it on the dirt... an figured i would cover that to keep things from getting into it.

i was going to post pics today of the others i got, but other things came up. i will be posting pics soon and see who can i.d. them.

i have one that the steering servo works.. but it wont move at all. the light on the novac esc dimms out till its almost off when i hit the trigger on the controler... and i thought it was the motor... bit i hooked up a different motor to it and it did the same with the new motor... is the esc messed up?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
B.T.D.T.

Looks like the speed controller I have back in the old days. I think it was a T-1X? They did not have reverse. Don't need that if your racing forward .

The light is lite when the brakes are on, or when you are stopped. When you start going the light is out until full throttle the light is bright again.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
DVST8R

well, the one car i am having trouble with doesnt move even with a diff motor hooked to it. the light on the esc just dims to nothing and there is a lil humm from the esc and thats it.

here is the one i am having trouble with. can you name the rc? lol

Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 PM
NightPhoenix

That is an RC10

ORIGINAL: DVST8R

well, the one car i am having trouble with doesnt move even with a diff motor hooked to it. the light on the esc just dims to nothing and there is a lil humm from the esc and thats it.

here is the one i am having trouble with. can you name the rc? lol

Old 05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
B.T.D.T.

WOW,

Same car I still have stored alway.

From what I remember on the ESC's.You also have to set up the radio.  If you have forward only esc, the throttle trgigger on the radio has to be set for 70/30.  Not 50/50 like a standard servo.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
B.T.D.T.

Google is your friend.

http://www.theshreves.com/rc_stuff/manuals/novak_t4/

Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
DVST8R

all that says for the trouble shooting section is that my motor is bad... but i have tryed  diff motors that i know work and it does the same for all of them. i have worked with the radio too... i am just going to have to replace the esc