Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Stolen RCs

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 AM
justindu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen RCs

Hey guys - someone broke into my garage lastnight and stole several of my RCs. They took:

Firehammer (ddm pipe, kill switch with blue LED, JR XS300 receiver)

T-MAXX (all blue RPM parts with some blue alum, Tekno wing with broken mount, RPM wheels, Losi tires, JR XS300 receiver)

Slash (VXL system, LEDs, Traxxas receiver with green crystal)

The thieves left my Stampede, Jato, RC18T and all of the transmitters and bodies (they took vehicles only). I am glad my three 11.1v LIPOs were inside. Neighbor is the one who called the cops at 3AM. She said she saw a tuner car with loud exaust and blue reverse lights.

Please keep an eye out on other forums, craigslist and eBay.

Thanks guys!

JJ

Here are some pics:

Old 05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
jikkuria

Default RE: Stolen RCs

it's a sad day indeed. i personally have only had tool taken from me, i was running on a baseball field, when some local kids came up and asked to run it. i politely told them no, and when i turned around, my tool box was half empty...

i hope that you find your cars, and here's some words from thunderbird junkie, "If somebody steals your RC car, find out who it is and where they live and pee in their cheerios"
Old 05-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

That really sucks man!!! Interesting that they only took three of your vehicles and left everything else. I know if it were me, and I found out who they were, I'd be doing a lot more than peeing in their cheerios!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure me, my 100+ pound Doberman, and probably an aluminiumbat would be making a trip to see them. I do not tolerate theives, and I will gladly take them to within an inch of their life!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll keep an eye out for your stuff through my CLand ebay browsing, sad day indeed.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
chaserogesr14

Man that sucks that T maxx was magazine worthy( I've seen it) I dont live anywhere near you so go luck finding them.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

sad to hear, some1 broke into my friends garage and stole a .15 tmaxx and not his revo
Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
AMOUREDTANK

isn't that sick. most of the time people steal things they have no clue what they are stealing. They just steal what they've seen you drive around and think they want it. Where are these kids mothers!! lol

Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 PM
jikkuria

im 16, i have a friend at my age who used to break into houses and steal. he broke into a few houses and cars, he ended up stealing a gun, computer, thousands in cash, and zanex and vikoden. he later O.D.'d on the zanex and vikoden, as he didn't want his friend to take them, so he took them all. he got into drugs, did cocaine in class and got expelled. last i heard of him was that he was drunk in a taco bell, tried to fight a guy, hit his head on the parking lot when he fell and started to have seizures. he's now in rehab in utah, sad thing is that he was a smart, good guy. moral of the story is to not steal. i dont think he's 17 yet....
Old 05-29-2009, 11:17 PM
rcnitrohead

^ Yeah Iknow a couple of nutjobs like that, what amazes me is that most of them haven't ODed on something or haven't been killed from their stupidity yet...
Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 PM
justindu

I added up my receipts... $4200... DAMN. Half of which was the T-Maxx

I think it may be worth filing a claim with my homeowners insurance.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Definitely would be worth it, provided you had them listed on your home owners insurance.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Tree1

Sorry to hear about your rigs getting stolen. If there is one thing Ican not stand, it is a thief. Thieves should be treated and diciplined like they do in other countries...if you get caught stealing, the cut off your hand. Maybe that would deter and make some people think twice about stealing someone elses stuff.

Most of us in the R/C community are hard working individuals. Speaking for my self, I work extra hoursso Ican tobuy something Iwant. I really ticks me off whensome low life takes what you worked hard for.

I hope your rigs turn up soon and are returned to you. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:28 PM
justindu

I don't have much faith in the police at this point. I have given them names, addresses, lic plate numbers and they still say that is not enough to issue a search warrant. Whatever. They basically have to catch the guy with them which I doubt will happen. I can understand I guess. Hearsay and anon tips are just that. But what happened to probable cause?

Regardless, I have a claim open with my insurance company. I submitted all of my receipts and pics today. My concern is what happens to my rates? And more importantly, what happens if the police find my RCs after my claim is paid? Do I have to pay all the money back? That of course would suck
Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
littleazn248

I always worry about people stealing my stuff whenever I'm working on my truck people would drive by stare at me then my address. As a result I decided to box em up and hide em in my house whenever I go out.