Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Clodbuster owners...I got a question...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Clodbuster owners...I got a question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
DeLeon79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clodbuster owners...I got a question...

hey guys!

i was wondering...what is the stock wheel size hub?? i want to put the wheels and tires on a T-Maxx...i found acouple ofsite that sell the adapters...but i want to know what the right size is???

the reason why im asking is b/c i saw acouple of sizes on eb@y(14mm 17mm & 23mm) and it confused me...so i want to know/make sure im getting the right size adapter for the clod wheels...thanks.

-Chris
Old 06-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Clodbuster owners...I got a question...

You have to buy Clod specific wheel adapters. No other adapter is going to work. They don't bolt on with hexes like your T-Maxx. Look up the Clod wheel adapters and buy them. Those are the ONLY ones that will work to my knowledge. You can buy aftermarket aluminium ones too if you'd prefer those over the stock plastic adapters.

Edit: Yeah, I was off. I just looked at my Clod and forgot how the wheel adapters mount. I was thinking they were like the Lunchbox mounts, but they're way different. You're going to have to go with what the post below this says.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
T.L.A.R. eng

ESP hobbies has the specific adapters for using Clodbuster tires/rims on a T-Maxx. They are made of aluminum and come with the threaded adapter stubs that mate to the axle.
The are a bit pricey, but can be found on E-Bay occasionaly.
The Clodbuster tires and rims allso substantially wider than the T-Maxx and change the overall gearing.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 AM
DeLeon79

ok...ya i seen those on ESP...they are pricey...now what about these??

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...e&part_id=2633

those are from New Era Models...will those work too??
Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
T.L.A.R. eng

I've never seen those in person. Would venture a guess that the inner hex fits over the T-Maxx 14mm drive hex, then the outer male hex would fit inside the 5 male drive pins sticking out in the Clod wheel?
Certainly cheaper, if you try some let us know how they work.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Derigor

ORIGINAL: DeLeon79

ok...ya i seen those on ESP...they are pricey...now what about these??

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...e&part_id=2633

those are from New Era Models...will those work too??
Those new era ones will not work. those are for using t-maxx wheels on your clod. You need the other way around.

The clod has 12mm hexes that fit into a plastic adapter with like 5 holes in it. that part fits onto the clod wheel.
Your T-maxx has a hex that plugs straight into your wheel (a one peice design instead of two pieces like a clod wheel).

It might be cheaper to just get some clod style wheels that are hex keyed on the back that will bolt right onto the hexes of your t-maxx. I thought Imex makes some like that but I could be mistaken.