Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to RC Universe

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 PM
JoshDIGRhodes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Universe

Hello all. My name is Josh Rhodes, i'm a photographer for Allmonster.com and i've been into RC's for about a year now. I started out in Nitro, i have a Savage XL that i'm working on restoring that i bought last year. My main passion though has been RC Monster Trucks. Since i'm very into the sport of actual monster truck racing and have crewed for afew teams here and there, i wanted to have my own little trucks to replicate some of the bigger ones i've worked with. All my electric trucks are based off the Tamiya Clodbuster and i thought i'd share afew photos with everyone here.

This is my CPE Terminator Avenger clodbuster. It runs Trinity 9T Cryptonite motors. About the only thing stock on it are the tires. This is my main Freestyle truck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	RFQ012.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	2238512

Here is my Bad News Travels Fast replica bodies Thundertech Ripper Pro monster truck. This will soon have a body change though as i have ordered a replica body of the Brutus truck. It runs 17T Peak Raven motors.

Name:	RFQ006.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	2238513

Name:	DevilDog.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2238514

And last but not least is my favorite truck. Its Bad to the Bone. It was built by John Boyer for me and it is based off of Grave Digger #7, the truck that really put Grave Digger on the map in the 90's. This truck was known for doing power wheelies, i don't believe it ever lost a wheelie contest in a small arena. This truck is a blast to drive around, it reacts just like the real truck did back in the day.

Name:	ChromeDigger002.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2238515

Name:	RFQ020.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	2238516

Name:	RFQ022.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	2238517

"Dig"
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM
SFC K

Default RE: New to RC Universe

Very Nice Monster trucks! I love them all! question for you...What tires are those on the Bad news truck? I have never seen that tread pattern before.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
JoshDIGRhodes

They are from RC4WDstore.com. They really hook up on the dirt. I havn't tried them on carpet yet. They can provide for some wild moments when you just bash with them. I used to have IMEX pullers on the truck. While great for carpet racing, they really just dug a hole on the line outside. These i think are a good combo for both indoor and out door racing. I will warn you though, RC4WD doesn't have the best reputaion for getting an order right. I ordered a set of 4link bar mounts from them and got two sets of washers instead if that explains it. Haha.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
SFC K

Thanks for the info Josh! I have ordered from them once before and had good luck. I will have to check them out.

Oh, and welcome to the site!