Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I am new to this site and need a little advice

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I am new to this site and need a little advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Joe7923

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am new to this site and need a little advice

I have just purchased a Duratrax Maximum pro and was doing the after break in adjustment on the carbs and turned the High speed needle to 2 turns out and adjusted it a little. Noticed since the vehicle was taken out of the box every time I would go to use the break it would instantly kill the motor!!! I read a little and did the adjustment on the trottle stop screw and fixed that problem but still have one huge problem when I was reading the manual said to do a pinch test on the fuel line and I did and the motor just died rpms was the same showing it was out of adjustment according to the manual so I turned the low speed needle screw and guess what it is out of adjustment and the vehicle does not pull nothing like it is supposed to. The manufacturer said the low speed needle being out of adjustment CAN THAT CAUSE THIS? Can someone help me adjust this out that is familair with this problem please!!

Thanks
Joe
Old 06-26-2003, 10:09 PM
kimolop

I have the st pro with the torq 16. I found that right after break-in the engine was still pretty sluggish. If I remember right , it took about a quart of fuel for it to loosen up and start accelerating from a dead stop really well. The guidelines they give for the low speed are pretty good. When you pinch the line, you should see an rpm increase before it dies. That means you're running rich and your brand new engine is getting enough lube. Let the engine get broken in better before you really mess with the tuning too much. And when you do start leaning it, make small adjustments( about 1/8 a turn ) at a time. I run mine a couple times a week, and I replaced the torq 16 after about a year and a half, and it was still running well...good luck
Old 06-27-2003, 03:31 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

dude your confusing the heck outta me.

A great tool you shouldbe be without is a temp meter.

That'll tell you another version of whats going on.
Remember that the HSN controlls the entire fuel flow so it affects all other needles as well.

ram
Old 06-27-2003, 04:56 PM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah
Old 06-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Joe7923

Hey I want to say thanks for the help I figured out it was the low speed gear on the tranny setup later on, it was stripped I would like to find a metal one, any ideas? It was still under warranty so I called Duratrax they are real cool about everything and sending all the new parts priority for me. See if I can get some help with the metal tranny gears I really dislike the thought of plastic it strips way to easy!If anyone has any Ideas let me know

Thanks Joe
Old 06-28-2003, 06:10 PM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

stormer hobbies