Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need opinion on best truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 03:13 PM
uniqueusername

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinion on best truck

I'm new here and to the world of rc. I have bought some magazines and done a lot of searching on the web to find out what truck I want to buy. I don't own any rc vehicles but I'm ready to buy. I want the best and right now the toss up seems to be between: Tamiya Terra Crusher, Duratrax Thunder Quake, HPI Savage 21 and possibly X-Factor(because it looks so cool!). All the research I've done has shown me that each truck has its advantages, but bottom line is I am only going to buy one of them. (I wish I could afford them all). So if anyone out there in rc land could tell me some things that I might want to know before buying I would really appreciate that. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:18 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I'm kinda doin some research too and a friend brought the OFna titan and the dominator to my attention.

that .25 is hard to argue with! The .21 is kinda weak from what I hear.

any reason why your not thinking about the tmaxx?

One major thing you should consider is parts! If you cant get parts easily you'll hate your choice!! speaking from experience lol

Whatever you get, remember that your doing this to have fun.. not have stress!

ram
Old 06-27-2003, 07:07 PM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

i would say get a 1/8 th scale buggy or a t-maxx or savage many parts for them
Old 06-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Legendary

Default Out of the 4 you listed,

I would go with the Savage or the Terra Crusher! Like Buggie said there are more out there but, when it comes to Ofna it will cost you! Don't get me wrong if I would have tought that I was going to turn my T-Maxx's into .21 and .25's I would have just bought a Titan right from the from the get go! It would have cost me a lot less over all! I love my Maxx's but, they cost me to much in the end! Another one that is hot is the Mad Force, I like the 3 speed tranny and it wheelies all day long and with just a few mods (about $100) it will be race ready!
Old 06-27-2003, 07:43 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Buggies are great actually. They dont have the ground clearence of a MT and they cant exactly climb rocks..

But they have insane speed and jumping capability!
Theyre quite different. And yeah the buggy handles a LOT better and that makes it ideal for racing!

ram
Old 06-28-2003, 12:25 AM
maxxdaddy74

I'd say Savage is your best bet if money is a factor. It is great in stock form. Just get some different rims. (The original ones strip easily.)
Old 06-28-2003, 12:34 AM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

I'd say the Savage too. The X-Factor's suspension isn't all that great unless you do alot of rock crawling. T-Maxx isn't always the best choice, even for bashing it breaks easy but the speed and lack of weight makes up for it. The Terra Crusher is also a considerable choice, I like driving the TC when the engine power isn't a factor, it can go over anything and take a beating.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:14 PM
uniqueusername

Thanx for the tips guys, I'll keep your suggestions in mind when I am making my purchase. Cheers!