Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

CEN GSR 5.0 vs. Losi Aftershock

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN GSR 5.0 vs. Losi Aftershock

Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
MaxxAddict123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN GSR 5.0 vs. Losi Aftershock

Which rc monster truck is faster, more durable, has more upgrades available. And which one is just better all around
Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: CEN GSR 5.0 vs. Losi Aftershock

Aftershock to all of the above.. Wouldn't go near a CEN MT with a 10-foot stick.. Have never heard anything consistently good about them.. Nope - no way..

Aftershock has tons of upgrade options - for ex just upgrading to an LST2 (or XXL - just need the longer chassis, rails, and shafts..), plus all of these Losi trucks have a lot of tuning parts available as well.. The Aftershock is a fast, reliable truck.. Lot of guys around happy with them.. And unfortunately, from what I've read, heard, and seen, the opposite applies to the CEN..
Old 09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
blackrain

well im a cen owner and aftershock owner and as far as toughness the Cen wins hands down from the diff even down to the tranny arms nuckles and drivetrain. the only thing the lst has better is i would say is the motor
Old 09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
MaxxAddict123

so wut do u think i should get... what i wanna do is buy an rc monster truck that from the factory is really durable and good to go.... and later on i can get a new motor if i want
Old 09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
blackrain

well you really need to pick the one you like most you really cant go wrong with either. if you want something you can hop up, i say go with the lst since its more popular and there more people on the forums to shear info with. it is deffenetly faster because theres a wider range of gearing options. just pick the one you like most other wise in the end you probably end up owning both because you cant stop thinking about the other
Old 09-17-2009, 05:19 AM
MaxxAddict123

Alright i have decided to go with the Aftershock and this is wut ima buy for it,

1) Losi HT Pipe
2) Losi Aluminum Clutch Shoes
3) Losi Update Kit
4) New Era Roll Bar
5) Dynamite Engine Brace
6) LST2 linkage

yall think i should i consider getting anything else to go along or run it like this for a while and see how it does?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 AM
HerrSavage

Sounds good.. What exactly is #3??

If that's the LST2 upgrade kit, are you gonna change the wheels? 14mm to 20??

17mm with Savage XL wheels would be nice.. 17mm is always good.. Though the stock LST2 wheels are excellent 4 bashing..
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
R/C Lightweight

I had both trucks, and I liked my Aftershock better overall. There's a Raminator/LST2 on eBay right now that has pretty much all the upgrades you have listed. It looks good, and at $229 it's a steal. Drop a LRP .30 in that truck and it would be a beast. The Losi trucks seem to have a good balance of every desirable aspect in a MT: speed ,size, handling, and durability. I had more fun with that Aftershock than just about any other truck I've ever owned. Good luck on whatever you decide to get.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 PM
blackrain

if you can do the xxl gears to the tranny for higher top speed
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM
MaxxAddict123

Well i would do the xxl transmission thing but im not really looking for top end speed im mainly looking for the most low end i canget because this is gonna be strictly for bashing no racing. Wut is the lowest gear combo i can get for the aftershock? without having to replace the engine or anything and yes # 3 is the LST2 performance update kit
Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 PM
HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: blackrain

if you can do the xxl gears to the tranny for higher top speed

That's a nice looking truck.. And yes, the XXL gearing is awesome..

For bashing, just leave it as is. You'll be good to go. I assume the LST2 upgrade kit comes with 20mm hexes and the 20mm rims/tires? LST2 wheels are really heavy.. More torque would be more like adding an LRP Spec 3 to the list.. But then you're starting to get to the point where it would make the most sense to just find a new LST2 - or even the XXL.. I believe the XXL can be had for less than 600.. Check out losipartshouse.. (Need to put stuff in your cart..)
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 PM
full maxx

you will need aluminum steering knuckles and just keep the stock gearing ...after a while you will want the xxl tranny...I have a cen genesis and a lst2 and the genesis has been in starage since getting the lst2 if that tell you anything