Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Carb kept falling off when throttle applied

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Carb kept falling off when throttle applied

Old 06-30-2003, 05:55 AM
hitler75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb kept falling off when throttle applied

My carb kept falling off from the engine whenever I apply throttle. What could be the problem and how should it be remedied? Do I need to get a new carb or something to stopit from running?

Can I use loctite or whatever to cement the carb to the engine itself? Or will this create problems? Thanks for all help guys
Old 06-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Unstable

there should be a nut or bold on the neck to the engine body that secures the carb. it varies with engine to engine so I cant tell you exactly without knowing what engine you have.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Kenroc

Default What R/C you have?

What truck do you have? That is one problem I have not had. Are he screws backing out of the carb? If that is your problem, the loctite will work, just make sure after applying the loc-tite you let it sit for at least 6 hours before you run it, but preferably overnight.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:59 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Loctitie is a THREAD LOCKER, not a cement! It is also very runny, almost the consistency of water, and if you put it anywhere near the carb inlet, chances are it will drip down into your crankcase....and that won't be good at all!

All your problem can be (that I can remedy), is the set screw that holds the carb to the casing. There is usually a screw going through the casing behind or in front of the carb, with usualyl a little nut on the other side. Just tighten this up, and you should be fine. It's ok to use thread lock on the nut, but usally they are nylock nuts, and they will stay by themselves, otherwise you may want to replace this.....because they're kinda a 1 time use nut....the thread of the screw molds into the nut, and creates a seal. Once that is broken, it wont hold as good the next time.

Good luck
Old 06-30-2003, 02:15 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I second that..
Dont get it anywhere near your carb (insides). LOCTITIE WILL KILL YOUR ENGINE!

Carb falling off.. dude tighten it down!

Your carb should be on so tight you should be able to lift the car with it.
Make sure you seal it with some kind of sealent to avoid leaks.

ram
Old 06-30-2003, 04:30 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

You see this little nut on the side of my engine? You need to tighten that up on your engine. It might be on the other side, bu thats what keeps the carb seated.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:25 AM
hitler75

Thanks for all your advice guys. The engine I have is the TRX 2.5 and I believe it is missing an O ring. Can I loctite the carb to the 2.5 or should I use some other sealant? If so, what brand would you recommend? Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:27 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

NO Do not use loctite. IT will be pretty good without anything but if you wanna seal it use some kind of silicone sealant.

ram
Old 07-01-2003, 05:34 AM
hitler75

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
NO Do not use loctite. IT will be pretty good without anything but if you wanna seal it use some kind of silicone sealant.

ram
Do you seal your carb to the engine? What brand of silicone sealant do you use? I'm asking this cos I'm tired of having my carb not staying where it's supposed to. Thanks
Old 07-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Legendary

Default The o-ring or sealant is not,

What holds the carb in place it is the nut and bolt that keeps it there! The o-ring and sealant is just to keep it from having any air leaks! I would replace the stock o-ring and then maybe use a bit of the silicone for good messure! Any good auto high temp silicone should do the trick and you can get it at any auto parts store!
Old 07-01-2003, 05:09 PM
popa71

Go to your local autoparts store and get some rv black high temp silicone. this is the right type of silicone for sealing the carb from air leaks. Although the 2.5 is supposed to have a good seal with the stock o-rings. First i would try to tighten it with the nut on the collar of the engine
Old 07-01-2003, 11:51 PM
hitler75

Thanks for your help guys.