Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

pls post your hyper21 8 port problems here from breakin to tuning and on..

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

pls post your hyper21 8 port problems here from breakin to tuning and on..

Old 07-02-2003, 05:28 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pls post your hyper21 8 port problems here from breakin to tuning and on..

can somebody let us know what problems youve encountered with your hyper 21 8port...
Old 07-02-2003, 12:03 PM
studysession

Default pls post your hyper21 8 port problems here from breakin to tuning and on..

It is a very tight motor. When you stop it even after break in - make sure the piston is at the bottom and not at the top. It can freeze at the stop and become almost impossible to get it loose again. That was first thing OFNA worned me about.

Sometimes when starting it - it gets stuck at top and have to use pliers to get it loose again to get motor to turn over.

It is a very nice motor. I have an OFNA Hyper 7 PBS with the .21 Hyper 8 port.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Stingray
My Feedback: (1)

I have this engine in my Savage. It was a real ***** to break in! The tight sleeve made starting a nightmare for the first 5 tanks. The needles come from the factory WAY rich and the instructions are so far off that it's not even funny. But, once you get this engine broken in and tuned right, it's a ripper! Well worth the money...I blow my buddies stock Savage away easily.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:32 PM

Yea break in was hella hard...my hand has never had so many blisters... anyways it is a very powerfull motor. Just make sure you have a spare pull start. Ive already gone through 3 of them...
Old 07-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Rex2342

Mine fired up after a few pulls the first time on the factory settings and it idled threw the whole tank on my Savage?The pullstarters are very weak,I am on my third one also but other than that it's been a great engine!!!It fires up after 1-2 pulls and runs strong threw the whole tank.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:23 PM
BlatFish

Default Lots of Hyper .21 problems - at first

Yeah,

I have had very similar break in troubles with my 8 port hyper .21.

It is very tight indeed. I couldn't keep it running and I trashed 3 pathetically weak pull starters. Factory needle settings are a joke and so is the manual.

The folks at Ofna were good enough to replace 2 pull starters for free, but the one on my smaller O.S. CVR-X .15 is about twice the size, smooth and trouble free.

All that said, it is running fine now and screaming. I bought this engine and installed it in my second t-maxx; my first built-from-parts project truck and it HAULS ASS.

The way to get around the pull starter problem, is to use it sparingly. You simply have to get your motor tuned to the point where it starts on the first or second pull. :-)

I find that if you properly prime the fuel line, and have a fully charged glow starter, AND pour a small splash of fuel directly into the carb, it fires up on the first or second pull.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:27 PM
studysession

Everything I use has Starter boxes or electric starts. Never had the pull start problem. Is it a pain to replace?
Old 07-03-2003, 05:42 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default Re: Lots of Hyper .21 problems - at first

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlatFish
[B]Yeah,

I have had very similar break in troubles with my 8 port hyper .21.

It is very tight indeed. I couldn't keep it running and I trashed 3 pathetically weak pull starters. Factory needle settings are a joke and so is the manual.

The folks at Ofna were good enough to replace 2 pull starters for free, but the one on my smaller O.S. CVR-X .15 is about twice the size, smooth and trouble free.

blatfish
so did u send them the broken pullstart or u just called them?how many drops of nitro should u put into the carbs?is this before break in and before every single run?
Old 07-03-2003, 07:13 PM
retroactivefunk
My Feedback: (1)

I'm wanting to get the hyper 8 port, but also considdering the outlaw .26

how good is the torque in the 8 port.?
I have an all aluminum t-maxx.

I'm trying to keep up with a buddies sirio equipped maxx.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2003, 09:49 PM
JAEL BUSTOS

best engine I've ever bought but also problems with the tight break in and pull start
Old 07-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Kyoshokiller

Yeah I think the tightness is a recent OFNA thing. Although the 8 port is a bit worse than most...