Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

XTM mammoth engine replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:46 AM
richardcranium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM mammoth engine replacement

Iam askingwhat would be a good enginereplacement for the the stock 24.7 engine in the mammoth. Ihave upgraded both front and rear diffs to the "monster" diffs so it could handle more power. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
rclynx

Default RE: XTM mammoth engine replacement

Get a center differential for it if you haven't yet and put the XTM 457 6 port and a SH SA216FS exhaust system and your good to go [8D]
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

yes i would also recomend the 457 engine i have 3, 2 in my mammoths and 1 in my xt2 and they have lots of power and very fast
Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of options.. A Dynamite Big Red is nearly identical to the 457 engine I think, maybe better, and is supposed to rip..

A Losi 454 is also very similar, and can probably be had cheap on e-bay from people selling theirs out of their Losi RTR 8T 2.0's or whatever..

The Mach 2 26 or a Mach 427 would also be good..

All of the above are SH-made engines and have good power and are very user-friendly..

An LRP 30 - also from SH, could also be interesting...

My adfice is look up the Dynamite Big Red or a Losi 454... Check out www.overdriverc.com or amain or losipartshouse for best prices for the Big Red. The 454 I would imagine would be cheapest on ebay.. - maybe even available with pipe(Losi makes great RTR pipes..) and clutch...