RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

wild dagger

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:59 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wild dagger

How good is the tamiya wild dagger? it is cheap, but my other cheap tamiya stuff has been great. I would like to know how it performs on the 14.4 volt emaxx setup if anyone has done this yet. Im not going to leave the stockers in it. Maybe dual 19 turns and 6 cells or trininty monster maxx 550s and 12 cells. I also need to know any major problems like wimpy diffs or anything. Thanks in advance
Old 07-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Orcinus

Default wild dagger

I've owned a wild dagger for a little while now, and it's pretty tough. The transmissions and differentials are bulletproof, so I wouldn't worry about them. As for a 14.4 volt setup, it may prove to be a little difficult with this truck, because there's not much room for all the extra cells you would need. If you do get a wild dagger, I really recommend upgrading to full ball bearings, and getting some shock towers so you can mount some 4" shocks instead of the junkers it comes with. Weak points on a wild dagger, from my personal experience, are the rear body mounts, and the dogbone axles. I've snapped two of the former, and one of the latter, tho not until I upgraded the suspension.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:40 PM
bylandandair

Default wild dagger

The wild dagger is allot of fun, and there are quite a few mods you can do to them, it might not be a tmaxx but it has alot of potential. Like Orcinus said go with some 4in oil shocks and get or make some taller shocks mounts. I've had mine for a couple years and the things that broke first were the shock mounts so upgrade them especially if you are gonna jump it. I have heard of someone using 14 volt system on it and it was fast but I can't find the webpage for it. Do some research the info is out there. Also check out one of our threads, we had quite a dagger info fest going on
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...74&forumid=216]