RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

O.S. CV-R stalling

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 12:45 PM
kodiak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. CV-R stalling

Hey everyone,
I have an OS .15 CV-R in my T-maxx. It has tons of power and is very fast but I am having some trouble keeping it running. I went to a track this weekend and tried to race but had no luck at all. After it had been sitting at the line waiting to start the race, I would give it gas and it died. Start right up and run ok but it's also running at about 260 with a Hardcoreracing head. Once I would get going if I rolled or let off the gas too much, it would stall. If you start it and let it idle, it idles fine, it won't die. I was running it off the track for a while and it ran great. Back and forth, high speed, low speed, but then I would brake near me and the idle would return to a normal level, then it would die. I am so frustrated with this thing. I love the car and the engine but I am becoming discouraged. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Kodiak
Old 07-14-2003, 03:00 PM
gtxracer7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. CV-R stalling

Sounds like you may be a little rich on the low end, and a little ean on the high end. Richen up the high end (counterclockwise 1/16 turn) and lean out the low end (1/16 clockwise at a time). See how that does.

Also, 260 is a high temp for an aftermarket cooling head.