RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage X electric conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Moabones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X electric conversion

Confusion reigns.
I'm converting my 1/8th Scale HPI savage (two sped transmission)off road truck to brushless and have two problems especially since I broke the nitro motor.
1/ Usingelectric means I dont need the reversing module that I used with the nitro motor but how do I lock the transmission so that when the electric motor reversesthe transmission works.
2/ What motor/esc combo to use. I have been offerred theNemesis Blue Motor with Castle Monster MAXX 200 Amp ESC; other optionis the Hobbywing Xerun 4274sl with 150A esu; another is the NEu 2815 motoror can you guys suggest something witheven more go.
I've got lots of space for up to to 4 lipo packs (2 each side for extra time running)and have just got new mounting plates lazer cut from my brother that I can set up to suit. I may even redesign the two side frames and get my brother to lazer cut new ones as well.