Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Terra Crusher, Thunder Tiger EK4 S2, XTM X Factor?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Terra Crusher, Thunder Tiger EK4 S2, XTM X Factor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:45 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terra Crusher, Thunder Tiger EK4 S2, XTM X Factor?

Out of these three trucks, which one would you buy and why- If money wasnt the deciding factor?
Old 07-15-2003, 07:45 AM
hitler75

If money is not a problem, get all 3!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:31 PM
retroactivefunk
My Feedback: (1)

Default EK4 EK4 EK4

I'd get the EK4, the power is just outrageous! Unfortunatly, nobody stocks parts for it around here. (and I tend to break lotsa stuff) so I'm stickin with my savage.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:46 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

id get the terra crusher but the engine is to weak so u need a good engine but handling is good ...but now i am a savage user
Old 07-15-2003, 05:22 PM
remten2001

terra crusher with an os .15 CVRX engine....and you would have a blast with that thing.....
Old 07-15-2003, 05:30 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i traded mine and i included a picco15 the guy said its good..didnt get my savage from him yet tho
Old 07-15-2003, 05:36 PM
packerfan3001

Terra crusher, cuz its bigest (i think)
get a new engine no cu what one
Old 07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
DSA.308

I was thinking either XTM or EK4 S2 because they allready come with big block power, and the tranny and drivelines to handle the power! (unlike the TMAXX or TC)
Old 07-15-2003, 08:29 PM
gtxracer7

Savage - the rest of those trucks all have problems. The TC is underpowered, the EK is overpowered and breaks a lot, and the XTM has very little parts availability.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:31 PM
packerfan3001

Originally posted by gtxracer7
Savage - the rest of those trucks all have problems. The TC is underpowered, the EK is overpowered and breaks a lot, and the XTM has very little parts availability.
um the savage also has a bad engine to
s othe savage has NO problems um ok
Old 07-15-2003, 08:36 PM
DSA.308

I hadnt heard anything about the Ek4 breaking alot. If the XTM is a good truck, I couldnt careless about parts availability. There isnt a decent LHS in Colorado anyways! I mail order everything but fuel.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:47 PM
remten2001

The savage have its share of problem out of the box...I know cause i own one its a great truck if not one of the best out there but it needs some upgrades from the dead start here are what i found where the it needs some upgrades....

savage weaknesss to me are:

-stock wheels hex strips easilly I replaced mine with PRO2656-01 Pro-Line Chrome Outback Wheels T/E-Maxx

-stock foam inserts too soft for my taste changed them for proline ultra firm impact tmaxx tire foams

-stock steering servo upgraded mine with hitec 645MG

-Servo saver upgraded to kimbrough #124

-stock pipe upgraded to dynamite 1/8 scale off raod competition tune pipe...

-stock Dogbones upgraded to HPI HD ones all around.....

4 diff spider mod is a must have mod if you plan going anything over .25 +

All this and you have one darn good reliable truck
Old 07-15-2003, 09:03 PM
gtxracer7

HPI has fixed their problems, and NO the 21 BB isn't underpowered. Neither is their .25 engine. Sorry, the TC sucks. If it didn't, it would be more popular than it is. Face it, there are a LOT of Savage owners and few TC owners.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:08 PM
gtxracer7

Oh, and almost every truck is going to have problems unless they do extensive testing on it like AE is doing on the MGT.

None of the trucks listed at the title had extensive testing, even the Savage.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:29 PM
DSA.308

are their any new MT big blocks, when is the AE available?? I think the TC is WAY UNDERATED for one reason: the engine. Theres nothing wrong with anything else on the truck! I am not interested in the LEAST about the savage, dont want it, dont care if its any good, dont like it.

So how about some responses from owners of Ek4 and the XTM?
Old 07-15-2003, 09:55 PM
remten2001

II have own 2 terra crushers in the past and I can tell you that when i had it my savage was sitting on the workbench all the time....For a few reasons the terra crusher is bigger it looks kool too...I would get a terra crusher along with an OS.15 CVRX engine and you would be set to have some fun.....

There are some pretty neat terra crusher web sites some that have some of my videos in them also......

I had to sell my terra crusher for medical reasons but when i get my money back from my inssurance company i will probably buy another one with a os.15 CVRX engine....

And you are right about the terra crusher being underated.....For a few reasons,the reverse for example is complicated to someone new to this hobby and will make them freaked out...My best advice is to get a kippster FOC it really makes the terra crusher rip....The reverse is on the cheesy side if you would ask me...

Then the freaking engine is pure junk right from the start how many poeple ruined there piston and sleeve within 10 tanks of fuel ?100?500?that says it all about the .18 abn contruction

ADD these 2 factors and you have one big issue to dael with espcially if you are new to this hobby AND DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO FIX THE PROBLEMS...

A lot of poeple new to this hobby who bought the terra crusher from hobby stores was like "hey look how that truck looks awsome we should buy it"little did they know what responsability nitro mt's is all about....Those kind of poeple are the ones who think everything falls from the sky and works out great for them but it just don't happen this way in nitro mt's........

so there you go i had to vent a little bit.....now i feel good....
Old 07-15-2003, 10:37 PM
DSA.308

so aside from the engine and possibly adding a FOC the TC is pretty good truck huh?
Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 PM
remten2001

sure is....you probably will need to replace the oring on the fuel cap cause the stock one is too soft and doesn't provide enough seal for the fuel tank...You can buy those at any home depo stores and doesn't cost a lot...

I would get a 1/8 scale off road buggy pipe for maximum performance.....

and would probably ditch the stock tires and get some HPI savage tires with proline ulra firm impact foam inserts and RPM titan offset maxx wheels....

With this set up on a track you could give any mt a good run for there money unless they have c5 engine in there rigs.....
Old 07-16-2003, 12:11 AM
gtxracer7

Just in case, the Kyosho Mad Force is another MT big block. The only thing wrong with it, from what I have heard, is there are no parts available for it.

You guys can say that there are only this and that wrong with a truck, but it shouldn't be that way. It should be a good, all around truck. Saying "oh, it's just the engine...that's all". Right, just the engine! It's just the POWERPLANT. If your F-350 dually came with a V6 instead of the Power Stroke Diesel, then you would be a little confused and ticked off.

I don't know why you dislike the Savage, but at first, I did too. Now I see that it isn't too bad of a truck.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:24 AM
packerfan3001

Just in case, the Kyosho Mad Force is another MT big block. The only thing wrong with it, from what I have heard, is there are no parts available for it.

You guys can say that there are only this and that wrong with a truck, but it shouldn't be that way. It should be a good, all around truck. Saying "oh, it's just the engine...that's all". Right, just the engine! It's just the POWERPLANT. If your F-350 dually came with a V6 instead of the Power Stroke Diesel, then you would be a little confused and ticked off.

I don't know why you dislike the Savage, but at first, I did too. Now I see that it isn't too bad of a truck.
but theres a BIG difference there f-350 motor - 2to5 grand(i have no clue) rc motor less than 150 so you see
Old 07-16-2003, 01:46 AM
gtxracer7

No! REALLY? It's called an analogy. Wake up and smell the coffee. You know what you just said is called? EXCUSE! There is no excuse. Because if that happened, Ford wouldn't make money on that truck. Supply and demand. That was my point. Not that they are different. I have a feeling you didn't pay attention in English class...
Old 07-16-2003, 01:55 AM
packerfan3001

No! REALLY? It's called an analogy. Wake up and smell the coffee. You know what you just said is called? EXCUSE! There is no excuse. Because if that happened, Ford wouldn't make money on that truck. Supply and demand. That was my point. Not that they are different. I have a feeling you didn't pay attention in English class...
i failed or barily passed english class
Old 07-16-2003, 02:01 AM
gtxracer7

Hey! Me too! Kool!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by wizen2002
The savage have its share of problem out of the box...I know cause i own one its a great truck if not one of the best out there but it needs some upgrades from the dead start here are what i found where the it needs some upgrades....

savage weaknesss to me are:

-stock wheels hex strips easilly I replaced mine with PRO2656-01 Pro-Line Chrome Outback Wheels T/E-Maxx

-stock foam inserts too soft for my taste changed them for proline ultra firm impact tmaxx tire foams

-stock steering servo upgraded mine with hitec 645MG

-Servo saver upgraded to kimbrough #124

-stock pipe upgraded to dynamite 1/8 scale off raod competition tune pipe...

-stock Dogbones upgraded to HPI HD ones all around.....

4 diff spider mod is a must have mod if you plan going anything over .25 +

All this and you have one darn good reliable truck
The only thing that you have listed that holds true is that the wheels hex strips. All the other stuff is just a matter of what you want to do to your truck bro. Out of the box this truck is rock solid and comes with a HIGHLY reliable and TOUGH engine. Trust me on the engine, I prefer my hyper 8 port over stock and who doesn't, saving for maybe the picco .26.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:47 AM
DSA.308

NEVER buy a RC expecting the engine to last even a full summer.....a Powerstroke diesel lasts 500,000 miles or more. (longer than the truck probably!) The TMAXX comes with a CRAP engine too, that Hasnt stopped people from buying it yet. I think EVERY manufacture has problems to some degree, its a matter of deciding what you like, and what you are willing to fix. Since I am happy to swap out a crappy engine for a good one, its no problem to me for the TC. And beside I think the XTM, TC, and EK4 all have the "look" I want, which is 75% of my battle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.