Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

like too get another rc:) but not sure which one...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

like too get another rc:) but not sure which one...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:09 AM
gordesky1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default like too get another rc:) but not sure which one...

ok after about 8months with out even running any my rc which i have is t-maxx .15 and stepede and a slash and lastly my tower terror.

i feel like getting back into driving them and feel like adding another one too my collection lol

and heres the ones im looking at sense they also have easy pay

first one i was looking at is the hpi monster king http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXXKF9**&P=ML

2nd one savage 4.6 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXRYP0**&P=ML

3rd one 1/16 e revo vxl http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWEP1**&P=M either the normal or 2.4

what would you pick or whats the pros and cons if any out of the 3?

its just very hard too pick out of the 3.. lol

thanks

Old 05-02-2010, 01:19 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: like too get another rc:) but not sure which one...

I would get the Savage out of those. It'd be something bigger, tougher, and faster than what you already have. The WOW!!! thrill factor would be much higher than with any of your other RC's or the other two on your list..

If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly...

IMO...
Old 05-02-2010, 05:39 AM
gordesky1

ok im leaning towards too the savaged now just gonna see how much the nitro prices is first at my lhs.. lol

also i just seen this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXSS8&P=ML looks pretty good and herd good things about it too back than.

but how good is it compared too the savaged? or is the savaged still better?

too me it doesn't look stronger than the savaged but what do i know about them lol..

edit also i just seen and herd the savaged doesn't come with reverse?

not sure if that would be for me sense i kinda hated the fact my t maxx and tower terror didn't have it either and sometimes i kinda miss it lol

another edit lol just saw this beast... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTJR1&P=ML this is what i might get

how does the savaged compare too that? and maybe hpi didn't put a reverse in for a reason do they go bad alot? i wouldn't know because i never had a gas one with reverse.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:16 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

MGT's are good trucks too.. Maybe more tuning options with the Savage, but the MGT is a good backyard basher no doubt.. The Savage will probably be faster.. - but can't swear to that..
Old 05-02-2010, 07:42 AM
nothinbetr2do

here's another vote for the savage. and if you want reverse, you can buy it and add it yourself. but you will also need to buy a servo for it to
Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 AM
gordesky1

hows the parts availability on the mgts? are they really known? im gonna give my lhs a call today because i wanted too ask how much are the fuel prices now gonna see if they carry any mgt parts too.

so i guess that would say which one i would get sense i like too get the parts if something breaks local instead of online much faster that way.

i know they sell hpi parts sense they said they carry traxxes hpi and team losi but i never ask them about mgt.

ya its gonna be pretty much a basher and don't really care much for speed just would like strong and powerful.

also about the hpi monster king how strong is that or wouldn't you recommend it? i know the engine isint that powerful but would it take alot of beaten?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:40 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

From that list, Savage wins, hands down.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
rc person 577

the savage is a better  and MUCH more durable than the others. i looked at the mgt 3.0 and found that the tranny is plastic gears. not sure about the 4.6. and also if your lhs sells hpi parts that is one of the most deciding factors in buying a truck. for me, i would spend the extra $10 for the savage.
hope this helps
Old 05-02-2010, 09:01 PM
gordesky1

ok i guess the savaged it is than that's if my lhs still sell parts for them im sure they still do i tried calling them today but they was close... will call them monday and see what they say.

thanks