Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

The truth about the t maxx.

Old 07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
speenair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The truth about the t maxx.

I have read many things about the t maxx. i want to know the truth. Some ppl say it is the best most durable MT ever and some say the new engine stinks. If you have one plz tell me wut u think about it. Is the new engine really that bad?
Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Legendary

Default From what I have read,

The engine is one of the most powerful .15's there is but, it can be a bear to tune! I have 2 Maxx's but, they were the older versions that I converted to .21/.25's! I love my Maxx's and in my book they are pretty tough! As it is with any MT you will be spending money on parts:thumbup:
Old 07-21-2003, 03:54 PM
spazzyfry123

io have one. it is awesome!! i can do doughnuts on command!!! yay and i can do wheelies someof the time from a stand-still. you just have to know how to tune it and you will have a really awesome truck!! defentally get one!!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:33 PM
speenair

Does anybody know how it compares tot he savage?
Old 07-21-2003, 04:40 PM
elway358

IMO, no other MT made compares to the Savage. There are about 100 other threads on here already about this so try reading some of those.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

I had a 2.5 Maxx for a couple of months.

Overall, It's a good truck. It's more durable than the T-Maxx bashers claim, it's very fast, fairly easy to work on (compared to other MT's) and there are tons of spare parts and hop ups available.

The engine, however powerful it may be is pretty much a piece of junk. I'm not sure however if it's the engine it's self or the carburetor. The 2.5 would never hold it's tune, was very sensitive to adjustments and was very sensitive to the weather. I was generally always able to keep my T-Maxx running through a full tank but it took constant adjusting to do so.

At the track the differences in settings was very interesting. For one person the truck would run great with the high speed needle (HSN) set 4.5 turns out, while others this setting would completely flood their engine (had to take them down to around 3 turns out on the HSN). This is what makes me think it's the carburetor and not necessarily the engine.

The truck is very good overall, but to remain a sane human being an upgrade to the engine would be well worth it, say something like the new Fantom .18 or Sirio .18.

I ended up trading mine away for several reasons, one of which was the painfully hard to tune engine.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:04 PM
retroactivefunk
My Feedback: (1)

I think the new maxx is a great truck. The motor rocks, and it's duribility is ok.

But I traded mine for a savage....hehehehehehe
Just dropped in a .26 outlaw, and my buddy with the sirio is scared......
Old 07-21-2003, 07:18 PM
elway358

Now thats what I'm talkin' about!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:30 PM
remten2001

doesn't look that good when its all that polished and shiny
Old 07-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

T-Maxxes are nice trucks, but not as durable as many other MT's out there. Fast powerful 2.5 motor (but a ***** to tune), great suspension and wheelbase however a few of the things such as drive shafts, A-arms and some others are fairly weak. This truck hit my leg going 40 mph and my leg is fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	95534_38715.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	54757  
Old 07-21-2003, 07:39 PM
remten2001

Good thing it wasn't a terra crusher LOL you would be wiping your pants off of blood......
Old 07-21-2003, 07:49 PM
speenair

Hey what do you guys think of the terra crusher???
Old 07-21-2003, 08:13 PM
tjmaxx

I love my t-maxx I do have the sirio .18 but I only bought it because I fried my 2.5 but that was my fault I ran it to lean and didn't know it. You should get the T-maxx if you take care of the engine it will be a good engine. It is very fast and tons of torque it is also really strong I give mine a good beating and it is awsome. I wouldn't trade my T-maxx for any other truck.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:16 PM
PincheGab

I have to say the t-maxx is a hell of a truck! I love mine. All the parts I have replaced have been by choice, I have yet to break anything.

I'd rather this not turn into a "which truck is better" flame fest, but chalk up one more vote of confidence for the tmaxx.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:51 PM
spazzyfry123

yes 2.5 is one hell of a ***** to tune!! mine was running great, but i wanted more power so i tried to tune it and now i cant event start it and one time it did start, but it lasted for 5 secs. :stupid:
Old 07-22-2003, 12:19 AM
remten2001

SO the 2.5 engine is reeally junk?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:23 AM
tjmaxx

No it is not junk if you know what you are doing it is a good engine.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:35 AM
speenair

Anybody got a Terra Crusher or Savage? How do they compare to the t maxx.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:43 AM
POJack

Originally posted by tjmaxx
No it is not junk if you know what you are doing it is a good engine.......I love my t-maxx I do have the sirio .18 but I only bought it because I fried my 2.5 but that was my fault I ran it to lean and didn't know it.
You don't know what you're doing, so how can you say it's a good engine when you don't even know how to tune it? I've been in rc for about 5 years. I have a t-maxx and 2 hpi rs43's and by far the 2.5 engine is a piece of CRAP! I've tried everything and it wouldn't stay started. Even when it did last longer than a half tank, it was hell to keep it running. I've never had problems like this with any other engine that i've owned in the past. I recently bought a sirio 18 and have had no problems at all.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:58 AM
remten2001

Great so now its official both the tmaxx and terra crusher comes with piece of junk engines.....But out of the 2 I will buy the terra crusher and install a OS.15 CVRX engine in it cause i know for a fact that its one tought ****....

The only thing i keep hearing is that the maxxes are always broke and someone is having a hard time messing up with there engine.....

And the only thing i keep hearing from new terra crusher owners is why is my engine keeps bogging down and over heat?*** because its peice of junk engine also and worst than the tmaxx its abn construcion and that tiny .18 was never built to push a such a huge size truck as the terra crusher.....DDUHHHH...Try explaining that to poeple who are new to the hobby and buy terra crushers or worst the tmaxx now that its official.......
Old 07-22-2003, 12:58 AM
maxxdaddy74

I have both the Tmaxx and the Savage. Both are great but in different ways. The Tmaxx has a Sirio in it because like others I felt it was junk. The Savage is stock pretty much except for rims, tires and air filter. The Tmaxx is my choice when it comes to racing at my local track because of speed and maneuverability. The Savage is best for bashing and messing around. All in all the Savage is a better truck out of the box but the Tmaxx has more potential on the track with upgrades. It just depends on what you do with your truck. If you don't race or plan to race the Savage is what I think you should go with.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
MGT

Default LMAO

POJack quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tjmaxx
No it is not junk if you know what you are doing it is a good engine.......I love my t-maxx I do have the sirio .18 but I only bought it because I fried my 2.5 but that was my fault I ran it to lean and didn't know it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You don't know what you're doing, so how can you say it's a good engine when you don't even know how to tune it? I've been in rc for about 5 years. I have a t-maxx and 2 hpi rs43's and by far the 2.5 engine is a piece of CRAP! I've tried everything and it wouldn't stay started. Even when it did last longer than a half tank, it was hell to keep it running. I've never had problems like this with any other engine that i've owned in the past. I recently bought a sirio 18 and have had no problems at all. "

Hey it's funny that you say that but it's true. He could not even put the sirio .18 engine in his truck I had to come to his house and do it for him and i had to do a lot of other things for him too.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:23 AM
tjmaxx

Actually I could put the engine in because I did and the only thing I had a problem with is the throtle linkage because I didn't look at the picture the write way. The reason I fried my engine isn't because I dont know what I am doing it is because I asked one of the guys at my race track what the highspeed needle settings were and he told me a turn in a half to lean. So it is my fault for listening to him but I thought he knew what he was talking about cause he has like 5 t-maxxes. By the time I realized I was running it way to lean my engine was already fried. So I do know what I am doing. Mgt doesn't know everything even know he thinks he does. The 2.5 engine is good and really fast. There is a couple of dudds out there but Traxxas has been really good and has been replacing and working on alot of the engines for free.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:40 AM
remten2001

REPLACING AND WORKING ON THESE ENGINES FOR FREE?

Doesn't that tell you something?
Old 07-22-2003, 01:43 AM
MGT

me?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.