RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Solid axle monster truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/11615886-solid-axle-monster-truck.html)

Mikael_m29 04-12-2015 01:16 PM

Solid axle monster truck

Has there been and brands going to release a new solid axle mt? I really want one and the only ones I can find is the clod buster and fo-xx and mad force. I would really like to custom build one with the rc4wd axles but I'm no pro. I also see the one guy from rccar action has built one from a yeti! That would be cool. Anyways do you guys think anyone is gonna release one soon? I want one haha. Do u think the rc4wd digger axles will fit on a fo-xx? Thanks for reading post your replies!

Maxximize 04-14-2015 08:33 PM

Kyosho Just released the Mad Force Kruiser 2.0 in nitro and brushless a few months ago. I'm not really sure what's different about it over the old Kruiser model, Maybe they just did a Traxxas thing and changed the body, wheels, and a few miscellaneous parts and called it a new model. No matter what they did, it still looks to be one of the best solid axle MT options out there, though there is little you can do to customize it unfortunately from what I've found. The FO-XX looks like a crawler version of the Mad Force with a different shell on it, other than that it looks identical. I actually just bought the nitro Kruiser 2.0 myself, first RTR I've bought new since 2001 when I bought my first hobby grade RC, a Traxxas Stampede. I watched a few vids and searched around, it seems to be a very solid, nicely built truck. I'm still waiting on it to arrive, so I can't really comment on it yet but I have yet to find evidence that it is a bad truck in any way. Any people I can find who have owned the Mad Force trucks love it. When it comes to T Maxx trucks, I'll continue to build those ground up due to the huge hop up market for them, but any others I'll just stick to RTR. Other than Traxxas, it seems there is not much that can be done in the line of customizing aside from a few bolt on mods like wheels. The Axial Yeti looks pretty cool if you're into electric trucks, but I think the Mad Force Kruiser 2.0 VE is cheaper and I have no clue if the Yeti can be customized. IMO the Mad Force looks the best and looks like it would handle the best out of all the solid axle MT trucks I've seen.

b_james 04-22-2015 12:15 PM

I am building a Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios. Solid axle and has 4 wheel steering out of the box. So far the kit has gone together very well. If your looking for scale realism, the TXT-2 is my first choice.

BTW, I switched out the 2 540 cans with 2 brushless systems running on two 7.2V lipos and a separate Rx battery pack.

Maxximize 04-29-2015 09:50 PM

Wow, never thought of the TXT-2, I remember seeing those when I was a kid and was getting into this hobby. Nice looking truck, about as realistic a monster truck as there is. I wonder how the handling is on that with the 4 wheel steering. Are the shocks oil filled?

Also, I figured I'd do a little report on the Mad Force. I finished the break in on mine, and it's been running great so far. It handles surprisingly well for a solid axle monster truck. I've only rolled it over a few times so far, and it is a bit bouncy going fast over rough terrain. It handles high speeds much better than I thought it would. I've had 2 issues with it so far, both of them were my fault. The wheel nut fell off it once because I forgot to check the tightness of the nuts and bolts like one should with an RTR. The second thing was a runaway because the receiver pack I was using was not secured in the box well, bounced around, and the plug came out. The truck slammed into a brick wall at about 30 mph or so and only one suspension arm and the center front shaft broke. I'm surprised that was all that broke, the truck hit the wall right on the front axle! I'd say this truck truly is as durable as everyone says it is. Great truck, I'm really happy with it so far. The electric one is basically the same thing without the 3 speed tranny. I'd recommend either one of them to someone wanting a solid axle truck electric or nitro. Also it has 17mm hubs on it, so virtually any 1/8 scale monster truck or buggy rim will work with it. I ran mine for a few tanks with my Ofna Monster Pirate wheels from my T Maxx on it:D It was awesome for stability, but the stock servo can't really turn those heavy meats too quickly.

skippy7399 05-07-2015 07:55 AM

Not mine. But since I just purchased and spent more than this for a TXT-2 Agrios, wish I had seen this previously. Looks like a really nice truck.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemId=1028263

mwallin85 05-19-2015 04:59 PM

http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30135

Check this out