RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   First and last Redcat! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/11679163-first-last-redcat.html)

Dr.Ew 05-29-2020 09:54 PM

First and last Redcat!

For those of you guys like me who wanted to start off in the RC hobby with a great experience and chose to purchase a Redcat product I feel sorry for you! So far all I’ve had is nothing but a nightmare! Every single time I wanted to take it out for a spin it broke. And I don’t mean jump it off of a ramp or go to a skatepark. I literally mean drive it in my yard or on the street in front of my house. And every time I called Redcat support they told me its probably not covered by my warranty. Oh but I could fill out the paperwork and see but it would be a long shot! I just wanted to say that I’m really disappointed in my purchase and will not be buying anything from them again!

Jeremy Z 07-06-2020 08:33 AM

I remember when they first came out, I thought: "Uh oh. Chinese company is going to make cheap stuff to drive out the Japanese and Germans again. This should be interesting."

It is just what I expected. Too good to be true.

Try Kyosho or Traxxas.

bigbear440 07-06-2020 09:43 AM

We have had fairly good luck with our redcat volcano epx pro truck. A few parts have broken on it, but we find it fairly easy to purchase new or upgraded parts for it. We are thinking of going brushless for it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

wolfie1 07-26-2020 11:37 PM

I have a maverick and like redcat its a rebranded himoto, stuff has wore out on it but nothing has just broke, like all rc cars you have to make sure everything is tightened and thread locked before you use it for the first time

Jeremy Z 07-29-2020 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by wolfie1 (Post 12620546)
I have a maverick and like redcat its a rebranded himoto, stuff has wore out on it but nothing has just broke, like all rc cars you have to make sure everything is tightened and thread locked before you use it for the first time

The only RC I've had where stuff had to be tightened was a Tamiya Brat. Front suspension fell apart. I remember reading in the assembly instructions it specifically said not to use thread lock. I was skeptical, but followed their instructions. Sure enough, it loosened up and fell apart soon thereafter. Metal to metal should be thread-locked. (unless it has nylock nuts)

Most Traxxas stuff, for example, is metal to plastic and doesn't need it.

It's mostly the Chinese stuff that needs it, as companies with engineers on staff are aware that things loosen up from vibration, unless measures are taken.

wolfie1 07-29-2020 10:50 AM

Not true dude, have had and have still got many brands of rc and anything metal on metal comes loose without threadlock, im not wanting to argue about it just stating facts

juxsa 08-16-2020 06:35 AM

That's too bad!!! Other than the Servo horn on my Kaiju, I've loved it and my Shredder

GYU HOBBY RC 10-23-2020 07:06 AM

thank you for the information
That's too bad