RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   need advice on cooling heads (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1284956-need-advice-cooling-heads.html)

crzy-svg-usr 11-17-2003 05:09 PM

need advice on cooling heads

ok wel time for a cooling head my wasp .26 is disapointing me in temps what do you guys think is the best cooling head i dont mind price as long as it does not excede 69 bucks here are the ones i am thinking of but stuck on

king head- sry dont kno the website

nova - www.novarcproducts.com

crazy nut - www.crazynutracing.com

and msj cooling heads - www.msjproducts.com

if any of you have had overheating problems and used one of these heads or another brand and had succses with it i mean dramatic like 40 - 60 degrees cuz its winter and im gettin hot imagiune summer i dread the fact adn i also heard if u use heat transfer paste or sumthin it helps neone try this?

im leaning towards crazy nut right now but oi could change my mind if people have sum real life experience with ne of these heads thanks for all your help

crzy

Razoo 11-17-2003 05:24 PM

RE: need advice on cooling heads

I use the Crazy Nut on my Sportmaxx with the 2.5 and it lowered the temp by about 30 degrees. Don't have any idea as to how they will work on other engines though.

crzy-svg-usr 11-17-2003 06:15 PM

thanks for your insie neone else?

TheMachine 11-17-2003 06:30 PM

How hots it getting ? How quick ? .... its possible you have an airleak or somthing ! maybe try sealing up the engine and you won`t need a new head !

TM

crzy-svg-usr 11-17-2003 07:02 PM

it in the 280 range at the end of a hard tank and i dont like that temp i want it to b at 230 range

bubbafien 11-17-2003 07:58 PM

DEFINATELY go crazy nut.

i used the s7 head on my medial pro and it dropped temps alot i would say 40* maybe 50*

bubbafien

cemeb4dk 11-18-2003 12:10 AM

I have the nova's on my force 25 and my picco .26. ANd it dropped them around 30 degrees give or take a few. They are super durable, haven't bent a fin yet, althought the top is scatched.:D

I took mine off now I live in the midwest and the airs a little to cold for it, so i pu tthe stockers back on, come spring they will go back on though

mecky33 11-18-2003 10:24 AM

Just for the heck of it, check your head gasket and also make sure your carb is seated all the way down. I was having overheating problems in the 325 range. I didn't have a head gasket on it and the carb was not seated all the way. Fixed both issues and now the truck runs at 212 without changing any of the tuning on it.