RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Glow plugs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1295558-glow-plugs.html)

studysession 11-21-2003 03:47 PM

Glow plugs

Anyone with a Force .25 or .26? If so what glow plugs do you use?

I have a .25 - It did not come with a glow plug. Put a brand new OS #8 in it and can not get it to start. Called OFNA and they said those engines will not work with OS glow plugs. Need a longer glow plug. AAUUGGHH!!! If it is not one thing it is another.

So I want to know what everyone uses with these thing?????

TheMachine 11-22-2003 09:02 AM

RE: Glow plugs

I have a Force .25, I use MC59`s(Break-in), MC8`s(<=20%Nitro) or MC9`s(30% Nitro)...or if you want the best plugs a RB or Novarossi #4(Hot, Break-in) thru too about #7(30% Nitro). I have in the past used a short OS plug with the engine and it has run fairly well, should definately start on the plug!

Stick with the McCoy`s or maybe try a Novarossi for high Nitro extended WOT use ;)

TM

scale only 4 me 11-22-2003 11:10 AM

What plug did the guy say to use?
I can't believe that statement
The os #8 isn't a short is a standard long plug medium heat plug.
It should work fine with 20% fuel in any engine

studysession 11-22-2003 11:50 AM

Well I got it running today just fine. No problems with the #8. Asked a local model shop and they said for the Force 25 and 26 that is all they use is the #8. Today it took me a while but got it to fire up and ran the 1st 2 tanks through the engine.

neon 11-22-2003 06:52 PM

If there's a bit of grit in my plugs, it won't glow properly.
Keep it clean.

Most plugs have an unpredictable lifespan.
I keep 3 spare now.
My picco sometimes chews them in a day.

studysession 11-22-2003 06:54 PM

Well - Now I can not get it started again. Hate it when that happens.

TheMachine 11-22-2003 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: scale_only_4_me-RCU

What plug did the guy say to use?
I can't believe that statement
The os #8 isn't a short is a standard long plug medium heat plug.
It should work fine with 20% fuel in any engine
The OS #8 is a short plug(shorter than a McCoy for sure, some people call it a short-med plug) and its a fairly hot plug... the A3 may be hotter but the #8 is the hottest solid platinum element plug OS make(the A3 is plated, not solid).

Neon - if your getting grit in your plug...or your engine is chewing them your in for trouble !! Having a plug chewed(and the element drop) is VERY bad news for your engine ! It will scratch your pistion and do damage, drastically shortening your engines life. How old is your picco ? how many plugs has it chewed ? They should last at least 4 liters of fuel ! and up to 8-10 liters [X(]

Study, whats it do when it won`t start ? if you pull the plug out does it glow well on the ignitor ? how are you priming the engine ?

TM

studysession 11-23-2003 08:30 AM

Got it started again - this time I used a heat gun to get the case up to 180 degrees before trying. Made it a lot easier.