RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   CEN Genesis VS Savage 25 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1451878-cen-genesis-vs-savage-25-a.html)

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-21-2004 08:43 AM

CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

Which is better? The CEN Genesis ot the Savage 25? I'm in the market for a new monster truck, and they are on the top of my list, but I can not decide. What do you all think?

~*~ Emily ~*~

jefx 01-21-2004 09:14 AM

RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

I believe that the Genesis isn't available yet, not until sometime in february. Since no one has it yet , it's hard to make a fair comparison other than that the Genesis will be bigger and have twice the size engine.

mecky33 01-21-2004 09:15 AM

Emily, this has been rehashed quite a few times on here. However, the Genesis is not out yet. They are slated for a late feb or early march release right now. I own a Cen MT2 and I know from the quality of the MT2 that the Genesis is going to be one great truck. So, I would recommend the Cen. But it is going to come down to personal preference and how long you can wait for the truck. If you want to know more about Cen go to www.cenracing.com or let me know. Also waihiwa2 is very knowledgeable when it comes to Cen products.

SH ByA 01-21-2004 09:39 AM

It will all depend on how long you are willing to wait for your new truck. As stated above, the Genisis is not out yet, so in order to get it your going to have to wait. But the Savage is out now and it is a great truck. I currently own one, and I love it. Its been one of the best trucks I have had. But I am also looking into getting a Genisis too. I'm kinda glad that they are taking a long time to get it out. I can save up easier that way:) You wont be dissapointed with a Savage. They have a tone of parts out for it now and you can do just about anything with them now, just like the T-maxx. If you want to wait, you can try a Genisis, but it is unproven at this time, while the Savage has proven itself to be a worthy contender for best truck.[8D]

paperclipracer 01-21-2004 10:19 AM

cen all they way

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-21-2004 10:28 AM

Yeah, the Genesis has to come out soon, it looks awesome! Anyone know how upgradable it is going to be?

paperclipracer 01-21-2004 05:20 PM

i don't know it looks great RTR out of the box , no need for hop ups

mecky33 01-21-2004 05:27 PM

Hopefully there will be a good aftermarket following since the Genesis is supposed to be the new beginning for MT's. But, if its anything like the MT2 then truck sales will dictate aftermarket support. And truck sales have been dictated by aftermarket availability. But, Cen makes great trucks that do not need a lot of aftermarket items to make them decent trucks. I know, I have one.

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-21-2004 05:47 PM

Sweet. Yeah, i was talkin to one of my friends, who used the analogy of the Genesis:Savage 25 (Or T-Maxx, or whatever), to Mustang:Civic. Gen/'Stang comes factory hooked-up and you don't get to tune it as much as the Savage/Civic. I'm really into being able to tweak and make things work better, so, yeah.

MrSavage 01-21-2004 06:11 PM

hey, you live in concord? i live in greensboro nc, concord is awesome, gotta love concord mills! anyways i don't think anything can beat a savage 25 all around, its just an awesome truck, imo it can't be beat but the genesis looks like one sweet truck, .46...oooo(shivers)!

Vintage_Duff 01-21-2004 07:00 PM

there r no after market parts for gensis if u want a good truck
savage ss totaly upgraded or truckziller kit

paperclipracer 01-21-2004 09:22 PM

the gensis is really a truckzilla

mecky33 01-21-2004 10:36 PM

Not to get off topic Emily, but the 'stang is a very tunable car. Trust me, I can't find enought money to do what I want to do to my 'stang. Also, the Genesis may not have have alot of aftermarket stuff to start with, but it will pick up just like all the others have. I am sure the T-maxx and Savage didn't have aftermarket support right after they came out.

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-22-2004 06:26 PM

I know the 'stang is quite tunable, my friend doesn't think so (or thinks it unnecessary), but i was just using that as an illustration. Anyway, so yeah, I am just going to do the Savage with the Truckzilla somewhere down the road.

mecky33 01-22-2004 08:46 PM

Just cant hold out for the Genesis huh? I was looking at prices of the savage and the truckzilla kit the other day and its kinda rediculous how much they are. the truck was like 450 and the truckzilla kit was another 250 on top. What year and trim 'stang does your friend have?

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-22-2004 09:21 PM

My friend? I don't know about if I will or not, its true about the waiting for hop-ups. Ultimately, I guess, I will have to wait until the price of the Genesis comes out (I know CEN is a great brand).

Pagemaster 01-26-2004 08:46 AM

We spoke to our dealer representative about the Genesis and performance. He said it made the Cen Mt2 look slow! The mt2 is a solid performer in the 40-45 mph range. This should be quite a truck. The low end is supposed to be amazing with the 3 speed transmission.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-26-2004 10:23 AM

Wow, that sounds awesome. Any idea of top speed range? (and price range for that matter)

jefx 01-26-2004 10:55 AM

Estimated price is about $550. No one knows the top speed, since it isn't available yet. The prototype shown in the pictures and articles is a one-off, and is the only one that has been driven. But it doesn't even have the correct engine. With the combination of a 3-speed tranny and a .46 engine, this truck should fly and still be able to pull wheelies. I'd imagine that they're shooting for the 50+ range.
In comparison, the Schumacher Menace 21 has a 3-speed tranny and a .21 engine and it hits 70 mph. I realize that the Genesis weighs twice as much, but the engine is also twice as big. I'm not saying that the Genesis will hit 70, it's just something to think about.

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-26-2004 11:09 AM

Wow! 550? thats alot! okay, so at 550 you could have the genesis, but at around 600 you could have the Savage-Truckzilla. Which would people go for the most?

jefx 01-26-2004 11:17 AM

The Genesis for about $550 is a RTR. The truckzilla at about $600 is an aftermarket conversion kit that you have to build. So far, everyone who has narrowed it down to these two trucks have bought the truckzilla, because you can't buy the genesis yet. If you wait until it's available to the public, then you will have more than enough reviews to help you make up your mind.

Monster_Truck_Gurl 01-26-2004 11:22 AM

True true. Well, I still have one last question conerning the Savage. What's the big difference between the Savage .25 SS and the RTR, besides the fact that you have to build the SS? I mean, I was lookin at an article on it, and like, they didn't have the same top speed or anything...

mecky33 01-26-2004 11:56 AM

Jefx, have they actually released that price for the Genesis? I have heard so many prices so far its not even funny. It could cost as little as 400 or up to 550.

Emily, as far as speed, I would imagine its 50 to 60+. The MT2 is 45+ with the two speed an .16. So you add another gear and two or more horses and you have the makings of one fast truck.

378 01-26-2004 12:47 PM

yeah but the truckzilla engine is a plane/chopper engine with a pullstart slapped on the genesis .46 is a car specific engine with rear exhaust desinged from the ground up for this truck
they probably went thru this desinging the NT-16 in the MT2(i also own a MT2 and wouldnt trade it for a savage)

jefx 01-27-2004 12:48 AM

Dan, no I don't know the exact price, I don't think anyone does. I'm sure that Cen will try to make it as affordable as possible. I'm not trying to feed false information, that's why I said "estimated price" and "about $550". These are rumors that I have heard, and the $500-$550 range sounds about right for that much R/C.