RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   gs storm conversion,,help!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1512903-gs-storm-conversion-help.html)

liltinpin2002 02-09-2004 08:51 PM

gs storm conversion,,help!!!

i have the gs storm buggy ,,rtr,,,and love it.i want to change it to the truck but need to know the difference between the two.can anyone give me a list of parts that i would need to change it over?

gemiller 02-09-2004 10:33 PM

RE: gs storm conversion,,help!!!

Storm Unlimited Truck Pro Conversion Kit

DETAILS

Suggested Sale Price: $179.99

Part Number: GS-2007

Product Description:
This kit converts any Storm to a S.U.T. Pro kit. The new 1/8th GS Storm Unlimited Truck brings the ultimate excitement of a .25 powered 1/8th scale Monster Truck combined with the all-out performance of a 1/10th scale Stadium Truck. The conversion kit includes everything you need to make the conversion, including GS Road Ripper tires (T-Maxx compatible), Pro chassis, clear body, shock towers, axle adapters, spur gear, and more. The GS SUT is the 2003 NORRCA National Champion!
Packaging Information:
Package includes 1 complete conversion kit.
Related Products:
Also available is the GS SUT RTR.

That should tell you all needed :)

fhm101 02-10-2004 12:31 AM

Here's what you need for the conversion
Two SUT shock towers
A set of Storm buggy rear shocks
A SUT center diff gear
A set of SUT center diff risers
A SUT center diff top plate
A SUT servo tray
A set of SUT drive extensions
A set of SUT splash guards
A set of SUT body mounts
A set of Mt wheels/tires with a T Maxx drive hex, or a set of MT wheels/tires with a 17 mm dirve hex and a set of adapters
An MT body
All of the SUT pro parts are currently available from Horizon except for the truck body mounts and Crono rally car mounts are a direct fit replacement.

The conversion kit will include a chassis, but you don't really need it to make a truck out of your buggy, although it is a bit longer and much tougher than the RTR chassis.

Avalanche 02-10-2004 01:24 PM

What not just buy a dominator of Pirate? You nopt only lose the buggy but have to spend money on top of it. You can get a used Pirate or Dom for $200-$300 and be ahead of the game.

gemiller 02-10-2004 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

What not just buy a dominator of Pirate? You nopt only lose the buggy but have to spend money on top of it. You can get a used Pirate or Dom for $200-$300 and be ahead of the game.
and then you need a motor and radio but for 400 dollars you get an fm radio and awesome engine, the gs storm truck won the nationals with 95% stock parts... and that is a lot cheaper than buying a dom for w/e then a nice motor, radio, servos, etc.

Avalanche 02-12-2004 02:33 PM

You can pick up used MPs or Doms RTR all day long on EBAY for around $300.

earthspeedandfire 06-27-2004 05:25 PM

i no its an old thread but i have a storm and want to make it a truggy to for the conversion it suggests a .26 engine will the stock .21 engine fit/have enough power to get the truck moving???

fhm101 06-28-2004 12:07 AM

I've been putting 21's in the conversions I've been doing, but they are not your average RTR 21. The bigger engines will develop more torque but the 21 will give you more top end and with a good one it will be quicker than most 26's as well.

otterball21 06-29-2004 12:49 AM

I've ran a pirate 10 and now I got the SUT. The SUT is a much more stabler truck. The shocks give it a plush ride. The difference is the center spur sits on a differential on the SUT while in the Dominator, it's a slipper clutch. In the Monster pirate it's a straight axle. the monster pirate and ofna dominator don't have tmaxx, savage wheel adapters yet. There are adapters for tmaxxes to add Ofna wheels though...

fhm101 06-29-2004 01:31 AM

I started another storm pro SUT project today. I've got a partial pro SUT conversion and a full pro buggy and i'll be building a full blown pro SUT out of these. This will be my first SUT with the new fioroni chassis so it should be a lot of fun.

ACEcm5420 02-23-2018 01:39 PM

Same boat bro, 2004��I'm losing hope on converting my gs dinostorm.

TheQuakeKing 03-08-2019 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by ACEcm5420 (Post 12408263)
Same boat bro, 2004��I'm losing hope on converting my gs dinostorm.

Still needing help?