RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   LST Throttle Return Spring is a Godsend!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/2009722-lst-throttle-return-spring-godsend.html)

CapeCodChris 07-21-2004 08:42 AM

LST Throttle Return Spring is a Godsend!!!

I am having problems with my radio cutting out intermittently on my LST. I think it maybe caused by a bad switch or due to the fact that I am using AA batteries in the stock battery holder which I am going to investigate tonight. Anyway, since Losi included the throttle return spring, every time I lose power all that happens is that the trunk goes to idle. Do not remove the spring, it has saved me several times already. Has anyone else had problems with the power cutting out? I have tried changing channels on the radio and the problem stays the same.

Chris

fourwheeler 07-21-2004 09:38 AM

RE: LST Throttle Return Spring is a Godsend!!!

One word......"Failsafe":D

CapeCodChris 07-21-2004 09:45 AM

You know, I have always put failsafes on my cars, actually I use Hitec Digital servos and their servo programmer, but in this case you almost don't need it. The only reason a fail safe would be useful is with radio interference. If I was racing I would install a fail-safe.

Chris

fourwheeler 07-21-2004 10:10 AM

Well to my way of thinking you cannot have too much insurance.

jefx 07-21-2004 06:31 PM

Chris, my return spring does the same thing, it's awesome!

My radio gear did the same thing when I was using the 4 AA's. They are weak and die almost instantly. Just get a high Mah Rx pack and all your troubles will end.

CapeCodChris 07-22-2004 09:11 AM

jefx:

I am using 2250 mah NiMH AA batteries and they are not running out of juice as far as I can tell. I think my problems are related to the fact that the battery holder allows the batteries to come loose. Last night I put a tie-wrap around the battery pack and will see how that affects the operation tonight. I am now trying to figure out how to mount a fifth AA battery since I have not seen smaller packs that put out 2250 mah.

Chris

binaryterror 07-22-2004 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: CapeCodChris
I am now trying to figure out how to mount a fifth AA battery since I have not seen smaller packs that put out 2250 mah.
If you run Rechargeable batteries you must have 5 cells to get 6.0 volts or you are losing alot of power and speed in those servos. You need to buy a 6.0v 5 cell pack to get the most out of your truck.

CapeCodChris 07-22-2004 12:35 PM

binaryterror,
Agreed, that is why I am trying to figure out a good way to mount a 5th cell.

Chris

creyc 07-22-2004 01:04 PM

I took my HPI 1200 MAh 5 cell hump pack outta the Savage and zip tied it to the rear shock tower. It fits perfectly between the two braces and rests on the lower bulkhead, like it was meant to fit there. Put two or three zip-ties across it and it's anchored in there fine until you can find time to grab a flat pack for underneath. No need to take it off for charging either, just plug the terminals into your peak charger and fill it back up. Works great and has lasted me at least 4 tanks of fuel in my LST.