RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   ! ! . : T N X wins RCCA Monster Madness : . ! ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/2092185-t-n-x-wins-rcca-monster-madness.html)

monst@r 08-17-2004 02:39 AM

! ! . : T N X wins RCCA Monster Madness : . ! !

http://rccaraction.com/rc/stories/listhotnews.asp?webid=3&logo="/rc/images/stories/"&sgid=20

Tamiya was the big winner at the second annual RC Car Action Monster Madness race, hosted by RC Madness in Enfield, CT. Team drivers Jimmy Jacobsen (who took the TQ spot) and David Jun dominated the small block class with their TNX trucks, besting a field that included Traxxas' hard-charging Steve Slayden and his Revo. Slayden was gaining on the front-running Tamiya drivers, but flamed out before he could close the gap. Jacobsen took the checkered flag with two laps on the field, followed by Jun and Slayden. Congratulations Tamiya!
http://rccaraction.com/rc/images/sto..._SBWinners.jpg
http://rccaraction.com/rc/images/stories/lg_MM_TNX.jpg

The Boss 08-17-2004 03:19 AM

RE: ! ! . : T N X wins RCCA Monster Madness : . ! !

Right on Tamiya!!!, looks like the TNX is qickly becoming the BEST small block M/T truck out. Tamiya makes quality products unlike some other small block products out there.

monst@r 08-17-2004 05:02 AM

Not to mention they were practically bone stock except shocks and wheels.

remten2001 08-17-2004 05:57 AM

I was hoping for something like this to happen :D Way to go tamiya!!!!!Makes me love my tnx even more lol...

ThermalRD 08-17-2004 09:10 AM

Im glad to see that news. Tamiya needed this win, and the publicity.

tamiya08 08-17-2004 09:58 AM

the revo came in third??? right on tamiya. anyone have the race results w/qualifings?

Crazy_Coconuts 08-17-2004 10:01 AM

thats really cool... its times like these i wish i could trade my savage...

tamiya08 08-17-2004 10:03 AM

www.rushrc.com will take your savage

fhm101 08-17-2004 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: S7 Europa
Not to mention they were practically bone stock except shocks and wheels.
Not if they are the same trucks that ran at the maxx challenge.

repete 08-17-2004 10:56 AM

if u go look at the results..the TNX was also faster than the big block monsters..

breakin2 08-17-2004 11:15 AM

What were the big block results? How did the LST do?

Haldir 08-17-2004 11:19 AM

Looks like Tamiya solved the fuel shortage problem from the Maxx Challenge, that win by Slayden was a fluke!.

tristy 08-17-2004 11:24 AM

hey what is steve slaydens radio that he uses for his revo

Deandome 08-17-2004 12:03 PM

I like the TNX 'n all, but you guys are acting like this one race makes it a better truck than the Revo (and every other racing truck).

Put a .18 size engine (max "smallblock" size & the size of the TNX engine!!) in a Revo and I think things would be different. Slayden is locked into the 2.5 cuzza his Traxxas affiliation, but wait till someone puts an EB moddded Sirio .18 in a Revo. It'll be NUTS!!!

My god, if the TNX were any more of a T-Maxx clone it would be embarrasing!! There are plastic parts GALORE (that's how they got the weight down!!), including all the things people say they hate about the Maxx: driveshafts/bulks/towers, etc.

As a racer, it does & will do well 'caused it's light & powerful. But there is NOTHING new on the truck (a DEAD ON Maxx suspension copy!!), and if you venture off the track, you'll need to beef it up a bit with aluminum & steel parts, and there will never be a ton of option parts from companies other than Tamiya.

Again, I LIKE this truck, but all it is is a lightened TerraCrusher with a good engine. And in these races (and most others), MANY people race for/with Tamiya but Traxxas entire racing team is one guy...Slayden!!

There are really only 3 trucks in this class, the T-Maxx, Revo and TNX. Tamiya has a real team, Traxxas doesn't, so of course you're gonna see tons of TNXs placing well.

Bottom line, on any given day, any of these trucks can win, but Tamiya has the numbers to dominate races & Slayden is locked into a smaller engine than the TNX guys use.

Dean

tamiya08 08-17-2004 12:17 PM

well the revo is new, so traxxas hasent been able to establish a team yet. also there seeing how it does.

Haldir 08-17-2004 12:17 PM

The TNX is $380 and the Revo is $480 so it's not a good deal compared to the TNX, and plus another $180 for a .18 engine for the Revo ($660 final price) to make it just as powerful as a TNX, so in essence the TNX is almost $300 dollars less than the Revo. The TNX is a much better deal, and Traxxas has a very good advertisement strategy.

remten2001 08-17-2004 12:36 PM

I like the TNX 'n all, but you guys are acting like this one race makes it a better truck than the Revo (and every other racing truck).

Put a .18 size engine (max "smallblock" size & the size of the TNX engine!!) in a Revo and I think things would be different. Slayden is locked into the 2.5 cuzza his Traxxas affiliation, but wait till someone puts an EB moddded Sirio .18 in a Revo. It'll be NUTS!!!

My god, if the TNX were any more of a T-Maxx clone it would be embarrasing!! There are plastic parts GALORE (that's how they got the weight down!!), including all the things people say they hate about the Maxx: driveshafts/bulks/towers, etc.

As a racer, it does & will do well 'caused it's light & powerful. But there is NOTHING new on the truck (a DEAD ON Maxx suspension copy!!), and if you venture off the track, you'll need to beef it up a bit with aluminum & steel parts, and there will never be a ton of option parts from companies other than Tamiya.

Again, I LIKE this truck, but all it is is a lightened TerraCrusher with a good engine. And in these races (and most others), MANY people race for/with Tamiya but Traxxas entire racing team is one guy...Slayden!!

There are really only 3 trucks in this class, the T-Maxx, Revo and TNX. Tamiya has a real team, Traxxas doesn't, so of course you're gonna see tons of TNXs placing well.

Bottom line, on any given day, any of these trucks can win, but Tamiya has the numbers to dominate races & Slayden is locked into a smaller engine than the TNX guys use.

Dean
hey its something to be happy about especially for tnx owners at least it means something...No one is trying to amke it look like"this one race makes it a better truck than the Revo "who won the revo or tnx?when the revo won at the proline maxx challenge no one accused traxxas fans of making the revo look better than the tnx cause it won the race against the tnx?I am happy for tamiya and sure won't try watch what i am saying just to make sure i don't put a scratch on traxxas fan ego..YOur the one who started this no one actually said nothing bad about the revo in this thread...Your the one who jumped on the guns..

Crazy_Coconuts 08-17-2004 03:42 PM

you know what? if the .18 makes the difference between the TNX and the Revo, then there you have it... you cant say that the engine isnt a part of the car... its like saying "my savage kept up with a street car in a drag race until the street car got into higher gears" of course the street car would smoke the savage... the street car has advantages which the savage didnt, and thats what makes it faster... if the .18 makes a difference, then thats the difference... thats how i see it anyway... personally i dont think one truck is better than another... if i could, i would have at least one of each:)...

twisted 08-17-2004 04:17 PM

thats funny! the tnx might look like a maxx copy at first glance to the nieve but thats were it stops.the geomitry is totaly different, there is no pillow balls, instead there are giant C hubs.the bulk head shock tower are incorperated into each other not to speak of all the parts are keyed into one another which in return makes a very durable truck.i can go on with the differences but i think we get thepoint.

i give hats off to traxxas on making somthing so original but i also give a thumbs up to tamiya for taking an already exsisting platform and improving on what was bad.

monst@r 08-17-2004 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Deandome

Dean
Talk about ignorance and fanboy obsession.

1. The 2.5/2.5R is basically a .15 on steroids. How about tossing in the O.S. .18 in the Revo for fairness .. I'm betting the 2.5R is just as fast as the O.S. .18, if not faster - IF TUNED CORRECTLY!!

2. My god, the T-Maxx is a copy of everything.
-Independent suspension / Kyosho USA-1
-Reversing Tranny / Kyosho QRC (Disadvantage was you lose breaks when using reverse)
-Multiple Speed Tranny / Tamiya Bruiser; Hilux; Mountaineer

Etc. They simply took everyone elses idea and made it their own.

And the TNX has Plastic that's DURABLE. That's the difference. Do you see anyone complaing about bulkheads (Maxx bulkheads are flawed; The reason RPM won't make them), a-arms, etc? The main problem on the TNX right now is crappy shocks and stripping spur gears. You're forgetting the TNX placed 2nd and 3rd at the Pro-Line Maxx Challenge with Pro-Line shocks and Pro-Line Velocity Dish + Bow Ties. Slayden had a lot of the Traxxas option parts before they were released to the public.

And there isn't many option parts for the TNX because it DOESN'T NEED THEM. Think of how popular Unlimited Engineering had become. If the T-Maxx was as durable as people say, UE would've gone out of business a long time ago.

3. All the things on the Revo have been done, if not, in a slightly different configuration.
- F1 Suspension / F1 Cars; Solid Axle Monter Trucks (What makes the Revo "so special." What really atracts the new people .. They're like "cool beans!" But if you asked them what a Clod was, they would be like wth?)
- "Rockers" / Another word for "cantilevers."
- OptiDrive / Helicopters.
- Etc.

4. Many people? Tamiya had around 2-3 drivers. Jacobson, Jun, and someone else. Wow, that's a lot. And remember, Traxxas use to be a racing company. But they turned to the RTR market and they never sponsored drivers .. I wonder why (What vehicles would be race worthy, except the Nitro 4-TEC)?

5. Think of HOW MANY T-Maxxes are out there compared to the Terra Crusher/TNX. The # is so large it is be unimaginable. Traxxas doesn't need a team. There are so drivers out there they don't need one. Don't forget the Cen MT2 put the smackdown at one of the monster truck races .. Bone stock.

6. Again .. The difference between the Traxxas 2.5R and the O.S. .18 is so miniscule you can compare them. You're acting as if the Revo has a low-end .12 and the TNX has a high-end .21.

repete 08-17-2004 05:55 PM

considering this is the second tiem the TNX's have dominated over the revo..IN A ROW..being the only reason the revo one the max challenge was because of TNX pit mistakes...i think that makes it safe to say the TNX is a better racer

speed lives 08-17-2004 06:24 PM

Dean
Why arent i saprised you posted something like this? I would take time to confront you but everyone else has it all covered.

R6racer2 08-17-2004 07:26 PM

There are so many Traxxas fanboys out there...thats embarrasing. Seriously, just because you own something doesnt make it the best, just accept that there may be a product out there that is better.

The suspension on the Revo ISNT new technology, yet people love to make that a reason why the Revo is sooo great (new technology). The XTM X-Factor has pushrods, and cantalevers connected to shocks too..whoopdy doo.

breakin2 08-17-2004 07:54 PM

While I love the TNX, it must be said that the shock upgrade is no cheap upgrade. If you go for the Proline shocks that they were using in this race, you're looking at a $140 investment.

twisted 08-17-2004 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: breakin2

While I love the TNX, it must be said that the shock upgrade is no cheap upgrade. If you go for the Proline shocks that they were using in this race, you're looking at a $140 investment.
well that might be true,lets not limit the tnx as the only mt that needs a shock upgrade. the only one i have seen that doesnt need a shcok upgrade is the lst.