RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Fuel tank blew open. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/2621460-fuel-tank-blew-open.html)

ICrashThings 02-04-2005 05:02 PM

Fuel tank blew open.

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, Another part on My MGT finally broke! The fuel tank!:D

I was outside driving around in snow and i hit into a stop sign pretty hard. I didnt see any body damage so i just thought nothing of it and 2 seconds later it got a low sound. I went to turn it off and i took off the body and there was my fuel tank...blown open![8D] there is fuel everywhere on this truck! and the air filter is soaked in fuel. Im going to have to tare it all down and clean it...finally i have something to do lol. heres a pic, because we all love pictures:

sledmanass 02-04-2005 05:05 PM

RE: Fuel tank blew open.

How did you run into the stop sign

Salty0790 02-04-2005 05:13 PM

lol. thats sucks. and im pretty sure your tires are on backwards. :)

bamaracer0 02-04-2005 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Salty0790

lol. thats sucks. and im pretty sure your tires are on backwards. :)
Backward chevrons=more traction.

Nitro Rustler Racer 02-04-2005 05:50 PM

lol, did you run into the stop sign sideways?

ICrashThings 02-04-2005 06:38 PM

yea, i slid to my side and bam, into the stop sign. I just bought a new tank and installed it. Nice and clean. [&:] Most of the fuel got into my air filter, had to clean it out.[:'(]

I also got my 4tec fixed finally, good on report card, got my pay check. so yay its been a good day. [&:]

sixtoes1313 02-04-2005 06:43 PM

YOU DUMB IDIOT! HOWDS YOU RUN INTO A STOP SIGN!~ no j/k :D get a titanium fuel tank

ICrashThings 02-04-2005 06:45 PM

nah, i need a flip one, I might get that gaurd made for the tank that protecs the side....[:-]

Nitro Rustler Racer 02-04-2005 09:08 PM

lol:)

jkrustchinsky 02-05-2005 06:27 AM

dang ive never seen a broken tank before

madmaniac 02-05-2005 07:05 AM

Yes, Another part on My MGT finally broke! The fuel tank!

I was outside driving around in snow and i hit into a stop sign pretty hard. I didnt see any body damage so i just thought nothing of it and 2 seconds later it got a low sound. I went to turn it off and i took off the body and there was my fuel tank...blown open! there is fuel everywhere on this truck! and the air filter is soaked in fuel. Im going to have to tare it all down and clean it...finally i have something to do lol. heres a pic, because we all love pictures:

Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize
hey i THINK that you have a Airleak!!!! [X(]:D

ICrashThings 02-05-2005 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: madmaniac

Yes, Another part on My MGT finally broke! The fuel tank!

I was outside driving around in snow and i hit into a stop sign pretty hard. I didnt see any body damage so i just thought nothing of it and 2 seconds later it got a low sound. I went to turn it off and i took off the body and there was my fuel tank...blown open! there is fuel everywhere on this truck! and the air filter is soaked in fuel. Im going to have to tare it all down and clean it...finally i have something to do lol. heres a pic, because we all love pictures:

Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize
hey i THINK that you have a Airleak!!!! [X(]:D
ya think? [&:]

I wne to to make sure my new tank ran good, got out all my RC eqipment stuff and right when i started to pull the starter, my glow starter died. its like 50 degrees too!!!! im mad!!! [:@]

fantomas 02-05-2005 03:37 PM

I wne to to make sure my new tank ran good, got out all my RC eqipment stuff and right when i started to pull the starter, my glow starter died. its like 50 degrees too!!!! im mad!!!
I hate that!

Spudnik 02-05-2005 07:27 PM

i have yet to break a part from th epoint of driving into something. i have broke a rear shock tower on m yhpi mt2 but some hot glue fixxed that

jope you don't break more stuff

ICrashThings 02-05-2005 08:48 PM

I hope I do...shows im not shelf queening it! :D

fourwheeler 02-05-2005 09:02 PM

Good job on the tank man. Breaking something new is always fun:D

ICrashThings 02-06-2005 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I broke the Body mount just 30 minutes ago...This time it was a fence...[&:]