RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Resale value of an rc truck or car (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/3108034-resale-value-rc-truck-car.html)

tomcatguy74 06-25-2005 10:58 AM

Resale value of an rc truck or car

OK, I am not a stupid person and I think I know why you cut the full price of an RC truck, car , or plane in half when you sell it.
However, My wife does not seem to get it!!

Could some of you people please write a little something as to why we cut the price in half when we sell or cars and trucks.

Rob.

allen0622 06-25-2005 11:16 AM

RE: Resale value of an rc truck or car

It's depreciation, just like a real car, as soon as you drive that thing off a lot you can knock $5,000-$10,000 right off what you just paid. Plus it depends on the condition, even for a T-Maxx which you can get new for like $375, Used stock they're going on Ebay for about $220-$270 depending on how worn out it looks. WHich actually isn't too bad, that's better than 50% back, even if they claim 1 gallon thru it, it doesn't matter because who knows what's really going on with the truck,. And if it is a T-Maxx supply and demand plays a big role because it's one of the biggest RC vehicles ever sold so there's tons of em out there which also brings down the value. You have to make a choice wether or not it's worth it to you to sell. These are just toys not an investment tool, and expecially with the MT's they get used and very abused, to me personally I would never buy a used vehicle again unless the price was extremely good, or I know the owner, not worth the headaches.

infernalstone 06-25-2005 02:07 PM

Look at it like this.

Some one buys a brand new F-150 4x4. I'd guess around 28-30k for it.

Now, they go and spend a good amount of time running full throttle through the woods, pushing the truck to, and occasionally past it's limits. Essentially beating the truck to death.

Now, how much are you willing to pay for this vehicle after it's been abused like that? :D

xtremraptor 06-26-2005 02:54 PM

i think stripping the rc down and selling the parts individually is the only wat to come close to getting your investment back. but you'll still never get back what was put into it

Some one buys a brand new F-150 4x4. I'd guess around 28-30k for it.

Now, they go and spend a good amount of time running full throttle through the woods, pushing the truck to, and occasionally past it's limits. Essentially beating the truck to death.
perfect explanation!!!

want values to go up. tell everyone to stop making videos proving how we ALL treat our trucks/cars.

nitromacguyver 06-30-2005 06:53 PM

lol good idea! but i doubt it will work. used rc cars are a very blind item unless you can check it out before buying and even if you can, there is still lots of stuff that you can miss. thats why resale values are so low.

detz 06-30-2005 08:05 PM

...just like a women, once they've been tossed around by a few guys their value goes down. :eek: Same deal with cars. ;)

Balact Man 06-30-2005 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: detz

...just like a women, once they've been tossed around by a few guys their value goes down. :eek: Same deal with cars. ;)

DAMN!!!! thats harsh.

crusher03 06-30-2005 08:40 PM

These things have resale??? [8D]

sledmanass 06-30-2005 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: detz

LOL i like it. :)