RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   T-Maxx 2.5 maximum load? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/331851-t-maxx-2-5-maximum-load.html)

blangle 10-25-2002 08:12 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 maximum load?

Anyone know what the maximum load the new TMaxx can safely support?

The manual claims no towing, obviously, but with add-on's upgrades, etc. Is there a recommended (or experienced) maximum number of .oz/lbs that can be packed on it without stressing the engine?

eletrick 10-27-2002 01:29 PM

I'll bite

Okay I'll bite, what are you wanting to pull? Or carry?

Richard Newman

crash and burn 10-29-2002 02:48 PM

Weight limits

Byron is trying to find out if he has a steel roll cage that weighs in at 15oz on his 2.5 TMAXX if it would put a strain on the engine???

But, after running this truck on a track this past weekend, I think this is NOT an issue!

The new TMAXX is incredible and has tons of power to handle the added load. My only concern would be the stress to the stock shocks, not the engine.

Time will tell, since I also have a cage on my new Tmaxx, but I elected to cut away a couple ounces on mine to lighten it up a bit.

Other thoughts are welcome.

C&B

blangle 10-29-2002 04:19 PM

Fellow Cajun!

Today, Yes, it is the roll cage, and it has served me well, or I should say served my truck well.

....But the question does remain, "What is there [unique] to pull/carry?"

Hey Eletrick,
ah, LA connection. Are you North or South? My brother flies RC in N.O. Ever since he strapped a camera to his plane, the question above has loomed.

eletrick 10-29-2002 06:47 PM

Re: Fellow Cajun!

Howdy right back at ya!

I live 30 minutes north of New Orleans. I fly also, out of Northshore RC club for a few years now. Mostly high speed sport planes, and jets. Cameras on planes is real common now days, since the weight is a non issue, on most planes. One of the guys I fly with (woketman) has a plane with a Bombay on it, and drops candy at our fun fly's, for the kids at our noontime show, over a pound of snickers bars. I very well may know your brother.

Back to your question, I'm not real sure about how much it would take. I think the other guys post was right on, its got loads of power, and I think it would do well, with a fairly large amount of weight. are you talking about pulling a trailer or something like that, or on board weight?

I've been in rc forever, started with buggys in the 80's then boats, then planes, now jets and fast trucks. Just started a turbine powered boat, can't wait till the day its finished!

Richard Newman

Originally posted by blangle
Today, Yes, it is the roll cage, and it has served me well, or I should say served my truck well.

....But the question does remain, "What is there [unique] to pull/carry?"

Hey Eletrick,
ah, LA connection. Are you North or South? My brother flies RC in N.O. Ever since he strapped a camera to his plane, the question above has loomed.

cj-freak 11-01-2002 11:04 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 maximum load?

who sells the rollcage for the neew tmaxx

Savage Nation 11-08-2002 06:36 AM

T-Maxx 2.5 maximum load?

Originally posted by cj-freak
who sells the rollcage for the neew tmaxx
Crash and Burn had a couple of extras.......

Tom you need to change your handle to "CASH and BURN"...... :D

crash and burn 11-09-2002 08:06 PM

HEY, I REPRESENT THAT REMARK!!!

Very funny Savage!! But you may have a point there!!

C&B

5Zigen 11-09-2002 08:56 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 maximum load?

what are you trying to pull?