RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Truggy vs MT for bashing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/3583960-truggy-vs-mt-bashing.html)

stingray5280 11-24-2005 12:40 PM

Truggy vs MT for bashing

Hi , i;m thinking of selling my savage and getting either a LST2 or a Mayhem ST . my friend bought a Revo and i want something that can compete , we mostly bash and do a little racing . I was just wondering why nobody has been talking about the MAYHEM ST . it looks to be a nice truck . what else is out there that is better then the Savage ? . I have had some problems with mine and working on it is a pain , get it all together then have to take it all apart again
is killing me. how about the hellfire should i wait for that ?

it looks like truggys would be good for bashing . any pros and cons ?

Thanks alot .

ThermalRD 11-24-2005 02:19 PM

RE: Truggy vs MT for bashing

Truggies have no ground clearance. So IMO, they suck for bashing. You have a savage? Thats about the best basher you can buy.

A.B.U 11-24-2005 02:42 PM

The LST = all around racer/basher. Also, the LST2 is more durable than the LST1, so go with that. :)

It'll drawf his Revo..

silverman1 11-24-2005 04:21 PM

The Lst is also very user friendly to work on, you can drop a diff out in about 5 to 10 mins, swap arms out in 30, that would be all 8 of them, drop the engine in about 10 to 15 min. Its super easy to work on. plenty of ground clearance.:D

SUNA 11-24-2005 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

The LST = all around racer/basher. Also, the LST2 is more durable than the LST1, so go with that. :)

It'll drawf his Revo..
I like this guy!!:D

stingray5280 11-24-2005 09:41 PM

ya i;m leaning towards the LST 2 .I was wondering if that new LST2 motor is going to be better then the mach26 ? the savage is tough but i keep having steering issues and it keeps stripping servo;s , 645 servos. i have the golden horizon steering up grade and something isnt working right and i cant figure it out . so after i pull half the savage apart to fix it , it works fine for about 1 tank , then i have the same problem , i;m going to sell it and get something more user friendly .
I also have the MGT 21 , and it has been great . I like it alot better then the savage , it steers alot better and it;s a better design IMO

wILL the LST2 wheel hexes fit the maximizer beadlocks , I just bought beadlocks and zombie max tires . their a sweet set up

one more thing , the savage turns into alot better truck with the 3/4 inch maximizer beadlock rims. it doesnt roll over half as much .
power slides instead of rolls , just like the MGT

thanks .

tashspop 11-26-2005 11:30 AM

do a search for some truggy vids, they seem to bash just fine to me. also, i'm planning on giving up my maxx for a mayhem st. i seen it at the lhs on display and i don't have the words to discribe it, but i can't think of any other rc i'd rather own.

stingray5280 11-27-2005 01:13 PM

The Mayhem ST looks awesome , i just dont know why there isnt more people talkng about them . I was worried about getting parts and the after market support also . the new one with the spektrum radio is the one i really like . Mine would be mostly for bashing , I cant decide between that ot the LST2 .
How long has the mayhem st been on the market ?
Are there any weak spot that need to be addressed ?

thanks /

tashspop 11-28-2005 09:58 AM

sportwerks makes some hopups for the truck. i don't know of any weak parts as far as now, but i know everyone that i've seen talking about them that actually owns one, love it.