RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Anyone Own a Revo 3.3? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/3985544-anyone-own-revo-3-3-a.html)

ashburg 04-20-2006 04:47 PM

RE: Anyone Own a Revo 3.3?

swEET...FInally some action :D I went ahead and got some 23mm hubs, Proline Wabash Rims, and some Proline Crimefighters

ORIGINAL: spacoli

It's here[sm=thumbup.gif]:D:)[X(] Mine is being invoiced and processing at warehouse.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LXMHP1A6

spacoli 04-20-2006 05:05 PM

YA YA Ash, don't forget yopur RPM a-arms and some orange, gold springs and 40 wt - 50wt shock oil.

mmduc 04-20-2006 06:05 PM

yup mine is too.got it at the 509 price minus the 30 add sweet should be here mon or tues.

spacoli 04-20-2006 06:28 PM

Same deal I got, you can't beat it!

mosavage 04-20-2006 11:15 PM

I DO

lukskywalker 04-21-2006 02:42 AM

Well Finally,

After weeks of waiting. My Revo 3.3 is on it way. Hopefully Tower will bust some butts on friday and get everthing shipped out friday night, so I can have it by next week. Wouldnt be a bit surprised if it isnt though. I was jumping before though, before all of this last thing I saw on towers site was when they said Mid May for the revo 3.3. Man I was ready to shop somewhere else, but tower didnt fail me. A few hrs later it went from Mid May to in stock and invoicing?? Dont get it. Anyways.... I know this Revo 3.3 is going to be a he?? of alot better the the piece of crap Warhead I first bought. At least I can say this. I learned how to disassemble and reassemble a Nitro trk a couple hundread thousand times, I know how they work now and most importantly I meet some cool people.

topcheese 04-21-2006 01:06 PM

ME TOO!!! I got 2 Revo 3.3's. Will be shipping out mon. Plus a lot of nice hops!

lukskywalker 04-21-2006 01:32 PM

Great News,

Towerhobbies just shipped my Revo 3.3 out today. Just awaiting for the update from UPS. Maybe Monday or Tuesday. Cant wait. There being shipped from there warhouse in Reno,NV.????

topcheese 04-21-2006 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: lukskywalker

Great News,

Towerhobbies just shipped my Revo 3.3 out today. Just awaiting for the update from UPS. Maybe Monday or Tuesday. Cant wait. There being shipped from there warhouse in Reno,NV.????
Yea mine are also comming from Reno. I was told that they would be shipped out today and when I called back I found that they were still processing the order!!![>:][>:] I *****ed and they said they would shipp them both 2cnd day on monday at no extra charge.

lukskywalker 04-21-2006 11:56 PM

Well,

You very lucky then. Mine has a delv date of the 27th for Iowa. Good things are worth waiting for I guess. At least its on its way.

24Deman 04-22-2006 09:49 AM

Yes you are lucky mine says the 28th. I have too wait all week at work, but it's coming that's better than last weeks news. Already buying hops for it they'll probably be here before the truck

lukskywalker 04-22-2006 09:02 PM

Spac,

Whats the purpose of the 50wght oil?? Stiffer shock???

Also u are all talking about rpm a arms. What about the alumium arms, wouldnt those do better???

Let me know.

spacoli 04-23-2006 09:38 AM

The RPM a-arms are recommend by pretty much all the hardcore bashers. I have broke two front a-arms on my sons Revo and one axle carrier. From what I have read that is the only real "weaker" and most common broken part on the Revo. I just broke a rear shock shaft also, but that was from a jump session and we were trying to do back flips.

This seller on ebay has RPM a-arms and has great shipping chargers and great combined shipping. I just ordered my RPM a-arms and a bunch of other stuff. Last time I bought $70.+ from them the shipping was $5.25 priority.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/RCBoyz...028217QQsofpZ0

Go here for an excellant price on spare glow plugs. $2.89 plus $2.75 shipping no mater how many you buy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I just picked up six. I have this original plug in my sons Revo after three gallons. I have tried other plugs for the 2.5 and kept burning them out. I just put the original back in and it's still going.

As for the shock oil, yes it will make the shocks "stiffer" or slower. I have been running P2 rockers, green springs in the front and tan in the rear with 50 wt oil. I can turn hard on pavement and not roll. I plan on trying 40 wt when I rebuild the shocks and see how that is. The stock Revo suspension is soft, but in the same sense very responsive. It bottoms out easy and when turning hard it will roll easy. Don't get me wrong, it handles great out of the box, it's just a learning curve driving it, as it will turn on a dime.

What's nice about the Revo you can set it up so easy how you want it to handle or take big hits. The cost is very reasonable for oil and different spring rates. The spring rate a very subtle and only changes very little between rates. I would suggest you buy orange,gold, tan springs and some 40wt and 50wt. oil. Your cost for these items will be I'm guessing around $25.
Go here for great suspension set up tips.
http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=143&id=482

Get some shock rod ends also, a bag of six for around $2. These take a beating back by the exhaust heat and become elongated over time and get play in them. I have replaced mine once so far and now this will be the second time in three gallons. I have read that allot of people just keep replacing with the stock ends, instead of buying aluminum, because of the cost and the aluminum break the shock rods easier.

Once you get your new Revo set up the way you want it, learn how to tune it and drive it, you will love it. It takes a good roll and jumps back on all fours and drives away.

Not like the Warhead, laying there in peices[:@] Mine will be here Friday.

ORIGINAL: lukskywalker

Spac,

Whats the purpose of the 50wght oil?? Stiffer shock???

Also u are all talking about rpm a arms. What about the alumium arms, wouldnt those do better???

Let me know.

lukskywalker 04-23-2006 03:44 PM

spac,

THANX DUD,

LOOKS LIKE I GOT A BUNCH OF READING I NEED TO DO.

ashburg 04-25-2006 12:38 PM

Just wanted to post a reminder to those who are interested and in the Carolinas - we're having a special RC show/small cone race/exhibition of sorts at a local camp here for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children. There's no fee to enter whatsoever, we're just putting it on for the benefit of the kids as they need events to fill the day that week. If you're interested in participating, just let me know...here's a link to the event details:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/event.cfm?eventid=1732&begin=90&end=07/24/2006&cobrand=1]Camp Kindard RC Exhibition[/link]

mmduc 04-25-2006 03:10 PM

my revo 3.3 came today. looks awesome in yellow. hoping to break it in tonight,but looks like rain be on the way. ill keep ya posted,this is my 1st traxxas product,so well see how it goes,but just looking at it is impessive

revo 3.3 savage x with a k4.6 & a 3 speed. ofna ultra gtp with a picco .27 & a 2 speed. power racing xr80 rtr. hotbodies lighting 1/7 rtr,ofna hyper 7 pbs,6 planes and a heli. life is good......

erawtik 04-26-2006 09:59 PM

Picked up my revo today and ran 3 tanks of fuel and the battery was dead kinda strange. But otherwise its sweet. Ya it does need to be a bit stiffer in the shocks.

jasplat88 04-26-2006 10:36 PM

Mine is suppose to come tomorrow and the weekend looks sunny and nice (70's). Can't wait!!!

-Jason

erawtik 04-26-2006 10:58 PM

fixed battery drain problem the 2 servos where fighting so i reset them and now i hear no servos moving at all.

ashburg 04-27-2006 05:36 AM

How do you "reset" a servo?

ORIGINAL: erawtik

fixed battery drain problem the 2 servos where fighting so i reset them and now i hear no servos moving at all.

dracy69 04-27-2006 01:06 PM

maybe he put the trims back to 0 and refit the horns and started over?

SharkDiver 04-27-2006 05:05 PM

I had a bad steering servo on mine and a guy on here said to just use 1 HT metal and it will be fine.I guess the T-Maxx only uses 1 too but I dont know.
I do have another servo on order just incase.

Shark

ashburg 04-27-2006 06:24 PM

Mine is on the wayyyyyy :D :D :D And I got yella :D :D :D

Now I need a 2nd job to pay for all the stuff I want for it :D

lukskywalker 04-27-2006 07:00 PM

Got it today,

Man oh man,

All I can say is OMG. There is so much enginerring with the revo 3.3 compared to the POS Warehead I can even begin to start to tell you. Gone through 7 tanks with mine and it freaking screams bloody speed.OMG is all I can say. Freaking flipped mine at least 6 times today and nothing broke . Well worth the time and wait. Not to mention it so nice just to push 1 button and zoom zoom. Ash Im telling ya man, this thing is a piece of work.... I love it...

erawtik 04-27-2006 07:08 PM

exactly works perfect been running half the day on same charge :)

ORIGINAL: dracy69

maybe he put the trims back to 0 and refit the horns and started over?