RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   another spur gone with slipper tight in WH? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/4285795-another-spur-gone-slipper-tight-wh.html)

erawtik 05-16-2006 08:23 PM

another spur gone with slipper tight in WH?

Ok i took someones advise and tightened the slipper all the way it ran great for about 4 tanks. Then i broke the pull start so changed it with a tiger drive today and started it up was running it mabey 5 mins and spur had teeth missing like every other one for a few teeth. *** could it be now this is getting very very very old?

86atrack4 05-16-2006 09:59 PM

RE: another spur gone with slipper tight in WH?

Dude,
I know if the gear mesh is set wrong u will go through spurs,another thing,are u using blue loctite on the engine mounting screws,cuz they will vibrate loose and cause failure also.

blackrain 05-16-2006 10:33 PM

what truck is this

MBX5T Maniac 05-16-2006 11:09 PM

You don't run the slipper clutch all the way tight on any MT. If it's a savage, run it 1/8-1/4 turn loose.

erawtik 05-17-2006 08:41 PM

well first off i put the slipper at full tight, 1/8th tight, 1/2 tight and nothing has worked. And i ran a peice of paper through the mesh and it went through just fine, so mesh is good. Iv looked at the steel spur that is coming out and looks like it is steel except for the teeth which look plastic still.

warheadrunner01 05-20-2006 04:21 AM

Hi,
The steel spur coming out "late May" is all steel teeth(like the savage) . This may cure your problem. Although it seems as if you have a faulty transmission, search EBAY for a new one, they are selling for around $40.00 complete, Or if it is still under warranty send the Warhead back so hobbyservices can repair it a no cost. Just my 2cents hope this helps

erawtik 05-20-2006 08:28 PM

well hard to beleive it is the trans cause my buddy has one as well and he goes through sprus as fast as i do to. Im just glad i bought the Revo a month ago :) get to have fun without any worries of fixing i love it.

Mekong 05-20-2006 09:18 PM

If the trans was the problem, wouldnt the trans not turn propperly? maybe grind and stuff?

DadtoaMarine 05-20-2006 11:12 PM

The spur clearance on the WH needs to be much tighter then on other trucks. I run mine with almost zero clearance or so tight that only the thinnest of paper will go through the gears. With this setup I noticed no wear on my spur

erawtik 05-21-2006 09:05 PM

well il stop in the lhs tomorrow and get another and give that a try put that mesh tight as can be.