RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   gst durabillity (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/5581598-gst-durabillity.html)

Snaut Rocket 03-18-2007 08:28 PM

gst durabillity

for the ones who this truck can some tell me the durabillity on it. im either getting a mgt or a gst 7.7. i know the mgt is tough as he** but how tough is the gst 7.7 will it break easy.

duckedup 03-18-2007 09:45 PM

RE: gst durabillity

The GST should be pretty tough.. My buddies Nemesis is stout, the only thing that's broke is the axles and those were upgraded for free, the GST already comes with the newer stubs.... other than that, he popped the top on one shock. It's a pretty cool truck..

..that being said, I wouldn't give up an MGT for one :)

JUCD VPR 03-19-2007 07:16 AM

I do not own an MGT but i hear good things about them. Seems like quite a few guys like them.

I personally own a GST 7.7 and it is TOUGH, put it this way it's tougher then my Savage SS 4.6 and the Savage is TOUGH as nails.

Just looking at the trucks and the specs i would get a GST 7.7 before i got a MGT. 5HP, 3 speed tranny w/reverse and it's HUGE!

Thats just my opinion

jombo 03-19-2007 08:49 AM

i got them all except the gst, the genesis le i have i just upgraded to the gst(mtm brakes, aluminum diff cover). the only differences between the genesis le and the gst at the moment is the ported engine. the before the gst the fastest was the nemesis with the 2 speed and opt 3 speed(i got that too with the 3 speed) so unless they upgraded the gst to the nemesis gearing the nemesis will be faster and the nemesis has a fm computer radio, i have read it is hit or miss with the skyon that they supply with the gst. but for durability the only thing i have broken was a rear shock i landed on the rear wheel and blew the seal and broke the shock shaft, and try not to do donuts in the lawn as i put 40 series crimefiters or those pin tires on it slid on a dime and i went into donutsso i hit the throttle and i sheard a drive cup off the front diff.that is the only damage i ever had and i think its just as durable as a savage.

the reason the the cen trucks are so big is because as they go away from you at a high rate of speed you can still see it a mile away, especially good for us older kids:D

JUCD VPR 03-19-2007 08:54 AM

JOMBO, post a pic of your GEn LE, have you seen pics of my GST 7.7 yet? Man i LOVE this truck!

jombo 03-19-2007 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the genesis has gone through some transformation. i removed the upper shock to get a lower stance, the mtm brake system to stop better and i also added the throttle return spring( yours gst should come with one). the omly thing i would recomend to do to yours is put a rubber boot cover on the f/r lever and use rubber cement or something as strong change the location of the on and off switch and the batt pack, one puddle jump and its all over mine is on top of the reciever cover. other than that its a great solid truck, its like having a savage on steiroids[sm=wink_smile.gif].

JUCD VPR 03-19-2007 10:19 AM

Ahh looks good man. Yah i have already waterproofed everything with silicone so i can run through all the water i want. I have the venom batt pack also. I would like to move the switch though sometime, i kind of thought that was a stupid spot to have it in the first place.

[email protected] 03-20-2007 01:48 AM

The GST is one bad as$ looking truck, but no hobby shop has them or stocks parts. I'm looking at gettin a new truck the gst is more then I want to spend but I would if it had more support around the local shops.

timtim230 03-20-2007 01:50 AM

uhmmm i dont know how to post a topic :S help lol

JUCD VPR 03-20-2007 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

The GST is one bad as$ looking truck, but no hobby shop has them or stocks parts. I'm looking at gettin a new truck the gst is more then I want to spend but I would if it had more support around the local shops.
Most hobby shops can order them and their parts. E-bay has them for slae all the time and their are tons of spare parts to buy.